Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
The mission has over 350 staff including over 30 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Technical Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – WASH
Experience Level: Entry Level
Proposed Start date: September 2021
Direct Line Manager: WASH Engineer
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a WASH Technical Assistant who will be responsible to ensure the sustainable quality implementation of WASH construction activities.
- Ensure the WASH activities are up to the Action Against Hunger WASH program standards.
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor construction activities.
- Conduct sanitary survey for each WASH activities.
- Build relationship with local government to exchange information on WASH technical implementation status.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly reports.
- Provide full support to WASH Engineer in maintaining regular contact with relevant stakeholders.
- Assist and participate in community mobilization and capacity building.
- Work closely with the WASH PHP team and relevant stakeholders throughout the planning, design and implementation stages of the WASH technical activities. Hygiene promotion is a vital element in such infrastructure activities, especially in CLTS, PHAST and CHAST.
- Minimum of National Diploma in Civil Engineering and Building with minimum of 1 year field experience
- Previous experience in supervising drilling and construction activities.
- Microsoft Office and designing software Skills (AutoCAD, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Professional, good organizational capacity and motivated.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 183,056 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 17th September, 2021.