Welder at Sinoma Nigeria Company Limited
Sinoma Nigeria Company Limited is a Chinese construction company for EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) Turnkey projects Sinoma Nigeria Company Limited is an affiliate of Sinoma International Engineering Co., Limited, whose senior company is China Sinoma Group. Sinoma Co Limited is headquartered in Tangshan, Hebei Province, with branch office(s) in Beijing, and across the world, with a Class A General Contracting Qualification, together with the authority to engage in foreign trade, import, and export.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder
Location: Kuje, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites.
- You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
- Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
- A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions.
- The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of different kinds of metals and their properties is essential.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers, etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead)
- Proven experience as a welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA, etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers, etc.)
- Proficient in English
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- Professional Certification will be a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves, etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
Application Deadline 19th November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.