Transport Manager at Ama-Zuma Group
The Ama-Zuma Group was established on the basis integrity and commitment to excellence. The group is currently made up of three subsidiaries. These are Ama-Zuma Services Limited, Ama-Zuma Oil & Gas Nigeria Limited and Ama-Zuma Bureau De Change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Manager
Location: Abule Egba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervises and Coordinates truck drivers in the transportation of company fleet as well as ensuring that customer products gets to there various destinations, maintain documentation of all trucks in the company.
- Ensure the availability and use of the right tools and equipment in the maintenance workshop.
- Establish Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all maintenance/repair work of the company.
- Prioritize and assign scheduled work to subordinates to meet company’s deadlines and customers’ needs.
- Coordinate, schedule and audit transport fleet and equipment maintenance and repairs tom include preventive, mechanical and electrical repair to tractors, trucks and trailers.
- Ensure quality of work (maintenance and repair) on fleet and equipment.
- Ensure proper updating of fleet maintenance job cards.
- Tracking of all Trucks on the Road
- Ensure safe work environment and good housekeeping to avoid infractions on statutory regulation.
- Communicate maintenance requirements of transport fleet and implement approved correction actions as required.
- Complete periodic performance reviews of maintenance staff and jointly determine areas of development and training requirement.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of maintenance personnel.
- Assist in the development of maintenance budget by providing input relative to policy, costs and other metrics.
- Prepare and submit regular (daily, weekly, and monthly) maintenance/repair reports, and parts usage for Management appraisal.
- Ensure all Faulty trucks are fixed within the shortest possible time to avoid operational breakdown
- Reduce fleet downtime by providing speedy rescue to distressed truck on the high Road
- Negotiate service (maintenance/repair) offers to ensure cost efficiencies.
- Coach fleet drivers on identification of faults and ways of reporting feedback.
- Monitor and analyze fleet maintenance/repair costs, fuel consumption, rectify defects as required, and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement.
- Track fleet usage and maintain accurate inventory of replaced parts and equipment.
Qualifications and Job Specific Competencies
- B.Sc / HND Degree.
- 6 or 10 years relevant experience Transport and Logistics Operations Experience
- Strong Organization Skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and execute task effectively
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Skills ( Word,Excel, power point and outlook).
- Effective people management skills and a good team player
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
N180,000 to N200,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 20th December, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.