Talent Management Officer at Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc
Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Management Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reports to: Chief Talent Officer
- The Talent Management Officer is responsible for improving the productivity of the organization’s employees.
- This position assesses Group-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees in line with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Provide professional expertise and support in the design, development, and implementation of the training-needs assessment methodology and training programs/plans, required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent.
- Create programs for top talent and high potential employees that see to their learning and development, career pathing and mobility.
- Manage the training budget for the organization and source cost effective solutions
- Build relationships with external training suppliers
- Record and report on training courses, schedules, and results; and maintain information on relevant database
- Continuously assessing the success of the Bank’s learning and development program/plans in order to keep optimizing efficacy and adequacy
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as intranet posts and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership training and development programs
- Conduct presentations and trainings where required
- Act as the first point of contact for all training and development requirements and queries within the organization
- Gain a full working knowledge of each business unit to work alongside leaders to design effective training programs for their teams
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of broad HR experience, with at least 3 of which must be as a specialist designing and implementing employee learning and development programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Social Sciences.
- Professional certification in Human Capital from any of Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) UK
- Experience in financial services is a must; and management consultancy, a plus
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing training-needs assessment methodologies and training programs/plans.
- Previous experience in capturing metrics and producing various employment reports.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to design and implement full-cycle performance management programs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent interpersonal, counselling and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th October, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.