Supply Chain Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
Job Type: Indefinite
Duty Station: Abuja
Main objective and Responsibilities
- Organizing and supervising the daily supply chain activities and the teams associated, in the coordination and projects according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission.
- Supervising and organizing the daily activities of the Supply Chain team, including Supply Supervisors, and ensuring they perform the tasks linked to their role.
- Being responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management in the coordination or in the project level, monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities.
- Monitoring and ensuring a smooth running supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures, proposing adjustments where needed.
- Collecting claims from the field, analyzing causes and making corrective actions.
- In collaboration with the Supply Supervisor (if any) and in coordination with the HR department, supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Informing the Logistics / Supply Manager in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will help in decision-making
- Being responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation in order to guarantee the availability and the coherence of supply data.
- Communicating with customers, keeping them up to date concerning their orders status (BO confirmation) and prioritizing procurement and transport according to their needs.
- Performing any other tasks within the scope of his role, as directed by supervision and according to the needs of the mission
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Analyse Backing up the other Supply Chain Officer during holidays, sick leave, etc. as well as support each other at times of high workload.
- Follow-up on UF clearances and produce monthly reports as well as other reports requested by Supply Coordinator and Supply Chain Manager.
- Analyses data, creates databases, monitors and tracks KPIs and share it with Supply Chain Manager and Supply Coordinator on a regular basis.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Essential degree and specialization in Logistics / Supply Chain
- Essential Experience in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures.
- Desirable proven understanding of MSF Field Logistics (general knowledge of MSF equipment and kits).
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Mission Language Essential. Local language desirable.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only applications submitted Online will be accepted.
- Lastly, only One online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will not be considered.
- Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
Application Deadline 28th January, 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs