State Administrative & Logistics Officer at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job title: State Administrative & Logistics Officer
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Oyo
Job Type: Fixed Term
Donor Title: Administrative Officer
Role Type: National
Travel involved: Up to 20%
Reporting to: Line manager: Zonal Project Manager
Level: Operations – Admin
Lenght of Contract: 2 years
Child safeguarding level: 3
Direct Reports to: Drivers
- Established in 2003, Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non–profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
- We work in Africa and Asia with communities, governments, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure effective delivery of services, which are supported by strong evidence.
Our areas of Expertise include:
- Disease prevention, diagnosis and treatment
- Disease control and elimination
- Systems strengthening
- Research, monitoring and evaluation leading to best practice
- Behavior change communication
- National and international advocacy and policy development
Country and Project Background
- The Nigeria Country Office in Abuja, started operations in 2008, through the DFID/UKaid funded Support to National Malaria Programme, SuNMaP (2008 – 2016).
- The office had presence in 23 states of the country and has managed at various times, about 15 programmes and projects.
- It follows the mandate of the parent organization in Nigeria and has been working specifically in the following areas:
Malaria Control / Elimination:
- Integrated community case management (iCCM) for malaria, pneumonia and diarrhoea Nutrition
- Neglected tropical diseases (NTDs)
- Malaria Consortium has recently been awarded funding from various private entities and foundations a to implement seasonal malaria chemoprevention (SMC) in three countries, including Nigeria, as a result of being rated a top charity by GiveWell Foundation for our work on SMC.
- The funds will support SMC implementation in 2018–2020 in selected LGAs in Jigawa, Katsina, Sokoto and Zamfara states as a follow on to previous SMC campaigns funded by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, DFID and UNITAID.
- Approved by WHO in 2012, SMC is the monthly administration of a combination sulphadoxine–pyrimethamine and amodiaquine (SP+AQ) to children aged 3–59 months during the malaria transmission season to prevent or reduce the effects malaria. Evidence suggests that SMC given monthly prevents approximately 75% of all malaria episodes.
- The purpose of this position is to provide Administrative, logistics and procurement support to State office of the SMC project (Jigawa, Sokoto, Katsina or Zamfara).
- The officer will lead in the everyday administration of the office with support from the project staff.
Scope of Work
- The Administrative and Logistics Officer under the guidance of the Zonal Project Manager will
- provide general Administrative and logistics support to the Program office and ensure efficient use, functioning and management of the office in line with MC policies. This will include to have an updated data bank of consultants, vendors and stakeholders.
- The officer will ensure an effective maintenance system of all office equipment, including generator, photocopiers, computers and its networks, printers and other office assets.
Key Working Relationships:
- The ALO will support the SMC state project office and will reports to the Zonal Project Manager.
- S/He will work together with the state team and country office staff in planning, budget, scheduling and coordination of project activities. He will also liaise with relevant country office staff to ensure resources for scheduled activities are available on time and to required standard, this will include
- quantification of printed materials ensure logistics are put in place.
Office Administration (35%):
- Provide and oversee the day to day administration of the office with support from staff.
- Provide support to the team by overseeing the management and maintenance of the office assets, utilities, office equipment, consumables and supplies;
- Responsible for recording and updating of office assets in the asset register;
- Provide monthly reports on state activities as it relates to the admin, procurement and logistics to the office manager at the country office.
- Oversee the setting up of a filing system for the office, ensuring ease of storage and retrieval of documents;
- Responsible for the effective maintenance of all IT equipment and computer in the office.
Procurement & Logistics (35%):
- Oversee all logistic arrangements including maintaining an updated record of events, travel itineraries of staff and short term consultants (as applicable) to ensure proper delivery and satisfaction of service to the project;
- Responsible for procurements of assets to the state offices in line with MC procurement policies as well as vendor management and other service providers contracting (including security and IT);
- Will ensure updated records and valid documentation all of vendors. And other service providers and consultants are registered on NAV;
- Liaises with Country Office on administrative and logistics difficulties and other office maintenance issues;
- Provide support to the office driver, by providing supervision, coaching and mentoring in developing vehicle movement plan, implementation and review;
- The officer will check the vehicle log sheet and driver’s time sheet and sign off on them monthly;
- Responsible for negotiations with hotels, travel and transport services and oversee general logistics for field/state activities;
Programme Activities (30%):
- Support the coordination of internal and external stakeholder or technical meetings, workshops, seminars, including all travel and accommodations arrangements;
- Support the compilation of participants list (i.e. CHWs, health facility staff, team supervisors, ward supervisors, state, and LGA supervisors), during MDA and other project events
- Responsible for contracting short term consultants in state office in close communication with the HR manager at the country office and in line with the procurement policy;
- Coordinate the administration and logistics of the programme office on all field related activities in the state;
- In line with the programme budget and working closely with the finance officer, ensure value for money of all procurements for programme activities carried out in the state;
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Administration, Social Sciences, Project Management or similar
- A minimum of 3–years’ experience in a related role
- Previous experience within the INGO sector and in a related role
- Person resident in and working experience in the State of Assignment
- An in–depth experience in similar positions/assignment
- Ability to work independently in an organized manner but within an integrated team
Work–based Skills and Competencies:
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Budget development, work–plan Implementation and Expense reporting.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to multi–task.
- Strong Microsoft office suite skill.
- Demonstrable passion for Malaria Consortium’s mission; a strategic manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Proven writing skills in English.
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally sensitive setting
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word and Excel
- Knowledge of use of database tools will be an added advantage
- Skill in MS Access will be an added advantage
- Proven team–building and representational skills.
LEVEL B – Takes on pieces of work when required and demonstrates the excellent project management skills:
- Shows a flexible approach to taking on additional work / responsibilities when needed to achieve results.
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills to agreed timescales (timelines,targets, donor requirements)
- Makes clear and timely decisions within remit of own role.
- Analysis and use of information.
LEVEL B – Uses Evidence to Support work:
- Identifies and uses various sources of evidence and feedback to support outputs
- Uses evidence to evaluate policies, projects and programmes
- Identifies links between events and information identifying trends, issues and risks
- Ensures systems are in place to address organisation needs
- Interpersonal and communications
LEVEL B – Fosters Two-way Communication:
- Recalls others’ main points and takes them into account in own communication
- Checks own understanding of others’ communication by asking questions
- Maintains constructive, open and consistent communication with others
- Resolves minor misunderstandings and conflicts effectively
- Collaboration and partnering
LEVEL B – Collaborates Effectively Across Teams:
- Proactive in providing and seeking support from expert colleagues
- Raises difficult issues with teams/ partners and stakeholders with a view to positive resolution.
- Proactive in building a rapport with a diverse range of people
- Leading and motivating people
LEVEL B – Manages own development and seeks opportunities
- Actively manages own development and performance positively
- Learns lessons from successes and failures
- Seeks and explores opportunities within Malaria Consortium which develop skills and expertise
Flexibility / Adaptability:
LEVEL B – Remains professional under external pressure
- Able to adapt to changing situations effortlessly
- Remains constructive and positive under stress and able to tolerate difficult situations and environments
- Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well under pressure
- Learns from own successes / mistakes
- Living the values.
LEVEL B – Promotes Malaria Consortium values amongst peers
- Shows a readiness to promote Malaria Consortium’s values amongst peers
- Promotes ethical and professional behaviour in line with Malaria Consortium’s values
- Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness
LEVEL B – Is aware of others’ activities and vice versa in planning activities
- Takes account of team members and others’ workloads when planning.
- Maintains awareness of impact on other parts of the organisation, keeping abreast of other’s activities, objectives, commitments and needs
- Has a good understanding of the sector in which Malaria Consortium works
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.