Staff Health Field Officer I at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Staff Health Field Officer I
Job ID.: ABJ202100244
Employment Type: Full-time
- Under the direct supervision of the Staff Health Manager, the Staff Health Field officer is the focal person for all matters relating to the health of ICRC staff in the Sub Delegation.
- In line with ICRC staff health policies, s/he promotes and maintains the physical and mental health of the ICRC staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out context-specific health briefing for all new ICRC staff and debriefing for departing staff in the sub Delegation
- Ensures all ICRC Staff Health protocol in place (i.e. vaccinations of ICRC staff are complete as determined in the staff health policy and depending on the local available vaccines, First Aid kit & safety precautions, etc)
- Provides individual medical follow-up and counsel for ICRC staff when advice is sought.
- Organizes peer support sessions in case of critical incidents.
- Contributes and supports on all issues related to Staff Health/Self-insurance
- Creates confidential database/patient file in the Sub delegation.
- Assesses referral facilities for ICRC staff, identifies national reference structures for vertical health programs and vaccination centres.
- Develops and implements the Medical Contingency Plan for the Sub delegation
- Ensures support in the implementation of the ICRC Institutional Staff Health Strategy including the Stress & Resilience Policy.
Education and Experience Required
- MBBS, with minimum 3 years of clinical experience with medical license to practice
- Fluency in English;
- ICRC experience an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office and internet tools.
- Experience in mental health, stress management;
- Experience in medical evacuation and transportation;
- Knowledge of tropical health and public health systems
Desired Profile and Skills:
- Good rigor, method and analytical skills
- Management skills.
- Respect of medical professional regulations
- Resident in Maiduguri.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of her/his time, as per needs (domestic as well as international)
- Keeps strict medical confidentiality
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter and NYSC Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org using ” ABJ202100244 Staff Health Field Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Important Information and Notice
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- In the body of your email, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
Application Deadline 26th December, 2021 (4.30pm).
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs