Short-term / Part-time Academic Staff Recruitment at the Pan African University (PAU)
The Pan African University (PAU) is a flagship Institution of the African Union Commission, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This was the culmination of the decision of the Assembly of Heads of State and Governments of the African Union to create the Pan African University (EX.CL/579(XVII). It has five Institutes namely Life and Earth Sciences (including Health and Agriculture) at the University of Ibadan, Nigeria; Governance, Humanities, and Social Sciences at University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon; Science, Technology and Innovation at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology, Kenya; Water and Energy (including Climatic change) at University Tlemcen, Algeria and the Institute of Space Sciences, South Africa.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Short-term / Part-time Academic Staff
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
The Pan African University Institute of Life and Earth Sciences (PAULESI), is currently offering seven thematic areas and general courses namely:
- Plant Breeding (M.Sc / PhD)
- Sport Management and Policy Development (M.Sc)
- Environmental Management(M.Sc / PhD)
- Veterinary Medicine with Avian Medicine, and Vaccine Production and Quality Control options (M.Sc)
- Reproductive Health Sciences with Reproductive Health (M.Sc / PhD)
- Others include: Languages; English and French
- History, Gender and Human Rights
- Medicinal Plant Research and Drug Development(M.Sc)
- Geosciences with Mineral Exploration and Petroleum Geoscience options(M.Sc / PhD)
- The PAU nurtures quality and exemplifies excellence and admits African students from all over the continent including the Diaspora.
- Consequently, PAULESI is seeking renowned experts in the various academic programmes being offered in the institute from all over Africa and the Diaspora to internationalize and beef up the quality of its Faculty.
- These positions are for short-term periods of one week to three months.
Qualifications and Experiences
- The programmes are offered at Masters and PhD levels. Qualified staff will be expected to participate in teaching / supervision / organizing practicals / clinics for agreed periods starting from January 2022.
- Furthermore, they will be expected to set and mark question scripts at the end of the semester, with small class size (under 10) students. The language of instruction is English, so applicants must be fluent in English.
- Applicants must be full Professors or Associate Professors, Senior Lecturers or Lecturer I with minimum of PhD and 3 years teaching experience from recognized universities.
- Applicants should show evidence of handling similar courses in their institutions. Candidates with PhD Qualifications and prolonged experience in related industry will be considered for engagement.
- The teaching mode shall be hybrid: face to face and online via the virtual learning platform of the institute. However, due to travel restrictions, online teaching is encouraged.
Remuneration for participation in taught courses is based on hourly rate of USD70.00 per hour all inclusive.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Applications can be mailed to: email@example.com
- In the Cover Letter, applicants are expected to state a maximum of three (3) courses that they can teach in a thematic area of interest (Programme); in PDF format including detailed, signed and dated, current curriculum vitae (CV).
- The CV should among others include:
- Qualifications, teaching experience/professional experience, prizes, grants/awards and publications.
- Contact details of three referees.
- Applicant should also submit copies of certificates and testimonials in PDF format. The application and supporting documents should be submitted in a single file.
- Applications are invited from qualified candidates from all over Africa, Asia, Europe, and Americas and beyond meeting the qualifications criteria above. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only electronic copies will be accepted and all documents to be submitted must be in a single file.
Further Enquiries should be directed to:
The Deputy Director,
Pan African University,
Institute of Life and Earth Sciences,
University of Ibadan,
Oyo State, Nigeria.
Telephone Contact: +234 70 350 15980 / +234 8056962900
Application Deadline 18th November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.