Senior Program Specialist, Monitoring and Evaluation at Institute of Human Virology (IHVN)
The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Program Specialist, Monitoring and Evaluation (TB – LON PROJECT)
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centered TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB/HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation
The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health (SFH) as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
Position Overview / Responsibilities
- The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be embedded in the Lagos State Tuberculosis and Leprosy Control Program (LSTBLCP).
- S/He will be expected to redesign, and strengthen the M&E and data management system within the program to align with National systems in line with global best practice.
- The individual will with relevant stakeholders develop and/or review documents that speaks to the M&E components of policies and guidelines of the state and National TB control strategic vision and mission.
- Equally important is his or her ability to implement best practices in data collection, management, and reporting at different levels to achieve optimum data quality.
Other expectations include:
- Possession of excellent knowledge and understanding of the NTBLCP M&E templates and framework.
- Ability to mentor and impact knowledge to others
- Ability to use data for programmatic interventions and drive implementation processes for public health actions/decisions.
- Previous experience working with Ministry of Health staff and good understanding of local context, especially Lagos State, will be an added advantage.
- High emotional quotient, patience with a good sense of humour.
- A University Degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Biostatistics, Natural sciences or related fields. An additional master’s degree in Public Health or Epidemiology is a requirement for this position.
- Five years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of Health, Nutrition and population programs.
- Ability to interact with and analyze large volume of data and develop abstracts and manuscripts for peer-review
- Experience with TB, Malaria and HIV/AIDS programs or related health service programs.
- Experience with the USAID, PEPFAR or Global Funds Strategic Information system highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines.
- Data management and analysis skills.
- Have a clear understanding of the health system structure and HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria environment of the country.
- Have a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local partners and building local capacities for self-management.
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
- Flexibility, willing to travel and work weekends.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office package applications especially Excel.
- Proficiency in the use of data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI, and Think-Cell.
- Team player with ability to work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: email@example.com
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs