Senior Program Officer, Public-Private Mix at Institute of Human Virology Nigeria
The Institute of Human Virology (IHVN) is a leading and reputable non-governmental organization addressing infectious and non-infectious diseases such as HIV, tuberculosis and cancer through the provision of prevention, diagnosis, treatment, capacity building, research, and care and support services. IHVN is in partnership with local and international organizations and the different tiers of the government of Nigeria at national, state and local levels. The Institute’s vision is to be a leader in providing quality health services, capacity building and research in West Africa and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Officer, Public-Private Mix (SPO PPM), TB-LON 3 Project
Department: Office of the Chief Executive Officer
Reports to: Technical Director PPM TB LON 3
The TB-LON 3 Project is a USAID-funded Award that is a revolutionary program working with communities, facilities and relevant State and National structures to improve access to TB case finding, diagnosis, treatment and notification in Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo States; as well as increase domestic financing for TB and strengthen surveillance and integrated reporting across four Result areas:
- Improved access to high-quality, person-centred TB treatment, DR-TB, and TB / HIV services for a cumulative number of at least 106,576 persons for the life of the activity
- Strengthened systems and structures for TB detection, treatment and notification with TB service delivery platforms strengthened
- TB disease transmission and progression reduced
- TB research and innovations accelerated with improved impact on program implementation.
- The TB-LON 3 Project is implemented by a consortium with Institute of Human Virology Nigeria as the Prime Recipient, Society for Family Health as the Sub-Recipient and other Implementing Entities.
- The SPO PPM will support the PPM Technical Director in the implementation of TB-LON 3 private sector interventions.
- She / he will support field operations and TB PPM surveillance across all the LON 3 States, with special focus on Central and State level operational plans, target and budget development, implementation, tracking, analysis and reporting.
- Supporting the development and alignment of Central, State and Sub-partners’ PPM work plans, budgets, targets and achievements;
- Ensuring prompt enrollment, treatment initiation and monitoring of all diagnosed DS and DR-TB patients in the supported private facilities;
- Supporting the National and State TB Programs in assessing, reviewing, and updating relevant strategies, regulations, policies, and guidelines related to the private sector;
- Organizing & conducting regular health facility and community supervision to ensure the delivery of high quality TB services to the beneficiaries, as outlined in the National guidelines, as well as timely data collection, collation and reporting;
- Providing technical support in the integration of appropriate monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems at all levels;
- Supporting and facilitate PPM coordination across the States and at the National level;
- Ensuring the submission of quality project programmatic, M&E, financial and PSM reports within the set timelines;
- Deploying appropriate project management tools to plan, review and track progress on program implementation and utilization of resources to guide staff and Sub-awardees as appropriate;
- Supporting facility and community assessments for the strategic expansion of TB services in the private sector;
- Supporting the State TB program and the Intermediary Organization to create awareness and demand for TB services in the Private sector;
- Participating in capacity building activities for TB PPM providers and other stakeholders;
- Performing other additional duties as assigned by the TD, PPM and DTP TB-LON 3.
- Advanced Degree in Public / Community Health, Program Management or other health-related disciplines desirable
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in public health service provision and implementation, with at least 2 years demonstrable experience in large scale donor-funded TB PPM projects of similar magnitude in Nigeria.
- Knowledge of USAID and other donor rules, regulations and policies, with specific understanding of cooperative agreements.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel and Project Management tools.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management, coordination, planning, and supervisory skills.
- Strong networking and representational skills;
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results.
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to “Deputy Director, Human Resources” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 28th November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.