Senior Liaison Officer at the African Union
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Liaison Officer
Requisition ID: 801
Locations: Rabat – Morocco, Bamako – Mali, Khartoum – Sudan
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Deputy Director
Directorate / Department : African Migration Observatory / Center / HHS, Rabat, Kingdom of Morocco, African Centre for the Study and Research on Migration, Bamako, Mali, Continental Operational Centre in Khartoum, Sudan.
Division: Office of the Deputy Director
Job Grade: P3
Contract Type: Regular
Number of Positions: 3
Purpose of Job
- Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Senior Liaison Officer is responsible for liaising between the Department of Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development in Addis Ababa and the Observatory / Center / Center in addition to facilitating coordination with partners and stakeholders.
- The Senior Liaison Officer is also responsible for building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships, between the Observatory / Center and other agencies and organizations.
- Represent the Observatory / Center at meetings with partners.
- Develop and foster relationships with partners and other stakeholders
- Act as a contact point for the Observatory / Center with outside organizations and agencies.
- Liaise between the Department of Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development in Addis Ababa and the Observatory / Center in Rabat with respect to administrative and programmatic activities of the Observatory / Center.
- Disseminate information in a variety of formats, conveying complex information to end users.
- Compile reports against annual work-plans and recommend changes to activities, projects and individual/team performance as appropriate to achieve and programme objectives.
- Coordinate the planning, monitoring and evaluation activities of the Observatory/Center with the Department of Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development (AMERT System).
- Compile reports about particular incidents, events, or updates about important issues for the Observatory / Center.
- Maintain list of partnership on the field.
- Assist the Deputy Director on the resources mobilization for the implementation of the programs and activities of partners and agencies collaborating with the Observatory/Center.
- Facilitate the visibility of migration data and the access of users to the information on migration, as well as meetings/cooperation to maintain cordial relations with partners and agencies collaborating with the Observatory/Center;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Law, Public or International Relations or other related disciplines.
A Bachelor’s Degree in the same fields of study
- Seven (7) and ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience for Masters and Bachelor degree holders respectively with three (3) years’ experience at expert level.
- Relevant work experience refers to liaising with governments, donors and other stakeholders at a senior level, program coordination and resource mobilization; planning and implementing programs / projects.
- An understanding of the African migration landscape.
- Proven experience interacting with partner agencies.
- Demonstrable experience in drafting strategic documents and reports for executive level consumption and / or peer review.
- Inter-personal skills, including experience in interacting with stakeholders and decision-makers in order to build strong collaborative relationships with governments and partners.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in particular proven ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Excellent project planning and management skills for organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation.
- Strong analytical skills and a practical and strategic approach to work
- Ability to work under pressure, stay on track and meet deadlines
- Personal commitment, goal oriented and drive for results, flexibility and respect for diversity.
- Ability to operate in a multicultural environment.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible
- Pro-active and solutions oriented
- Proficiency in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate results and findings to non-statisticians
- A practical and strategic approach to work
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent skills to conceptualize, plan, develop, implement programmes.
- A client-oriented attitude
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative and solve complex problems
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment
- Strategic Insight
- Developing others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk.
- Building Relationship
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence.
- Conceptual thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
- Continuous improvement orientation.
Enure of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
- Indicative basic salary of US$ $37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment Rabat, Morocco Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ $20,097.00 (per annum),Bamako, Mali Post adjustment (52% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ $20,097.00 (per annum),Khartoum, Sudan Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ $20,097.00 (per annum); housing allowance for locally recruited staff shall be 30% of basic salary, and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th December, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.