Senior Health Economist at Malaria Consortium
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Health Economist (Consultant for ITN Campaign Costing Studies)
Duration: January – February 2022
Total TA Days: 42 days
- Malaria Consortium requires qualified candidates that will carry out financial and economic costing of the universal coverage ITN campaign implemented in December 2021 in Ondo State.
Purpose / Scope of Assignment
- Malaria Consortium in collaboration with the National Malaria Elimination Programme (NMEP) is planning to implement a campaign to distribute insecticide-treated nets (ITNs) in Ondo State in December 2021.
- Malaria Consortium will also implement monitoring and evaluation (M&E) research in relation to the campaign.
- The Ondo Net Campaign M&E Project will gather comprehensive data to assess the outcomes of the campaign in terms of ITN coverage, cost, use rates and net durability, as well as to monitor relevant epidemiological and entomological indicators such as the impact on malaria incidence rates reported from a sample of health facilities across the state, vector biting habits and insecticide resistance.
- Detailed data on different types of costs associated with the ITN campaign will be collected through document reviews and key informant interviews. Financial, logistics, operational and other relevant documents from all stakeholders involved in various stages of the implementation of the ITN distribution campaign will be assessed to collect various types of cost data.
- Key informants will be identified and interviewed at the global, national, state, local government area (LGA) and community levels to assess economic and financial costs incurred by various stakeholders. The collected data will be analysed to compute the cost per ITN delivered.
- The costing study will be used to gather all financial and economic costs incurred in order to distribute ITNs in Ondo State during December 2021.
- Leads a team to plan and implement a study to investigate the economic and financial costs of the 2021 Ondo ITN campaign.
- Leads the development of the work plan, methodologies and data collection tools for the costing study.
- Identifies key informants and data sources and liaises with focal points of contact to facilitate data collection and interviews.
- Leads the key informant interviews to gather detailed data on economic and financial resource expenditures or costs in relation to the ITN campaign at different levels incurred by various stakeholders, including direct and indirect costs.
- Will be responsible for writing and submitting the final report, including the methods and processes, itemised cost data, major findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Leads the team during field visits, and assigns team members to specific duties during data collection, analysis and report writing.
- A detailed work plan with methodologies and data collection tools.
- A comprehensive report on the costing study with summaries of financial and economic costs of the campaign expressed as cost per ITN delivered and components of the cost.
- Cleaned economic and financial cost data from all sources in relation to the Ondo 2021 ITN campaign.
Qualifications and experience
- A PhD in Health Economics.
- At least 5 years experience in costing or health economics studies in disease control interventions.
- Demonstrated report writing skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis and authorship of relevant publications would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Yoruba and/or Ijaw languages.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th January, 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs