Security Officer in a Reputable International Fishery Company
Fisocon Associate – Our client, an International Fishery Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Officer
Locations: Apapa and Iddo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Security Officer patrols, monitors, and observes security procedures to ensure a safe Guest and Member experience while investigating theft and managing instances of undesirable behaviour.
What Will I Be Doing?
- As a Security Officer, you are responsible for monitoring and controlling staff entrances, patrolling on a regular basis, and managing undesirable behaviour to deliver a safe work environment.
- A Security Officer will also be required to investigate theft and support evacuation procedures.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Monitor and control staff entrances.
- Conduct regular searches of bags, etc. carried by members of staff and report discrepancies or violations immediately.
- Control the Goods pass out procedure for any items purchased, loaned, or otherwise legitimately obtained.
- Maintain system that monitors contractors working in the hotel in accordance with company health and safety policies.
- Responsible for checking goods received out of hours.
- Maintain system that records the issue and receipt of departmental keys
- Operate, check and monitor the CCTV system.
- Patrol the hotel on a regular basis ensuring fire walks take place and are recorded.
- Ensure safe passage of cash transfers within the hotel.
- Support evacuation of the terminalduring fire alarm situations.
- Monitor suspicious packages and be aware of bomb and terror threat procedures
- Provide secure storage for guest oversized items.
- Ensure hotel facilities and function rooms remain secure and locked when not in use.
- Maintain the Security Log Book and Incident Reports.
- Investigate and report all allegations of theft, criminal damage and other incidents
- Manage undesirable behaviour in a professional manner, intervening and defusing potential altercations.
- Liaise with Police in the absence of Security Team Leader.
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the supervisor on duty
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations.
What Are We Loking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Should be well versed in local law/government regulation.
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Positive attitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Good grooming standards.
- Ability to work under pressure, keeping calm in emergency situations
- Ability to work on their own or in teams.
- Minimum of Diploma / ND.
- Experienced as a bouncer is a desired .
- Minimum height of 5ft 8inches and above.
- Membership of Security body.
- Good physical condition.
- At least two (2) years of law enforcement experience either on a Security Bureau or military training.
- Must be knowledgeable about fire procedures, disaster plan procedure, bomb threats and hotel evacuation procedures.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in customer service environment
- First Aid
- Basic IT proficiency.
N600,000 – N900,000 Annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.