Secretary – ACHPR at African Union (AU)
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organisation of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Secretary – ACHPR
Requisition ID: 850
Location: Banjul, Gambia
Organization: African Union Commission – AUC
Reports to: Senior Administration and Human Resources Officer
AU Organ: African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights
Job Grade: GSA4
Contract Type: Regular
Purpose of Job
- Implements secretarial activities as scheduled and agreed.
- Prepares routine office communication and assists in compiling data and information for reporting purposes.
- Assists in the creation, improvement and maintenance of record and retrieval systems.
- Follows up on provision and maintenance of office facilities and materials.
- Assists in the follow up on logistical arrangements, activity implementation and provision of updates.
- Liaises effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follows up meeting decisions and correspondence outcomes and ensures their implementation.
- Types and proof reads documents, reports, correspondences, messages, queries, etc as may be required by assigned supervisors
- Drafts responses to routine correspondences for the signature of the supervisors
- Keeps an up to date diary of appointments for supervisors and other senior staff of the division
- Keeps equipment in use in good condition and reports on defects for maintenance and other necessary action
- Provides day to day routine administrative support to various work units of the assigned Units
- Ensures the reception area is properly arranged, clean and tidy all the time
- Receives guests / visitors / staff and provides them with basic information on relevant issues and procedures
- Maintains a proper filing and recording system for all incoming and outgoing correspondences and documents
- Answers and screens telephone calls / E-mail messages and ensures follow up with supervisors and partners
- Performs any other relevant duties as may be directed or required.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Must hold Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Services, Office Management, Secretarial and related studies from an accredited University with two (2) years of relevant secretarial experience in a Government, public sector or international organization, or
- Diploma in Administrative Services, Office management, Secretariat and related studies from an accredited University with 3 (Three) years of relevant secretarial experience in a Government, Public sector or International organization.
- Typing Speed: 50 words per minute.
- Good computer skills, including excellent word processing, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications experience in using programmes such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication ability both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French or English) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Sound planning and organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Risk Awareness and Compliance.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communication skills.
- Job Knowledge Sharing
- Task Focused
- Continuous Improvement Awareness.
Enure of Appointment:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 12,834.00 (GSA5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Gender Mainstreaming: The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 29th November 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs