Registrar at University of Jos
The University of Jos, a comprehensive public institution which started as the Jos Campus of the University of Ibadan in 1971 became a full-fledged University in 1975. The University which is situated in Jos, capital of Plateau State, a city of serene environment with near temperate climate in Nigeria is very conducive for learning and research. The vision of the University is to be a globally rated university providing an excellent educational experience with high impact on the society.
The University of Jos has contributed a lot to research and development of the needs of the community, solving various scientific, technological, environmental, socio- cultural, economic and other problems of the society. In the four decades of its existence, the University has built a reputation as one of the top-ranking research institutions in Africa; an effort which has made it to win many international awards such as the World Bank African Centre for Excellence in Phytomedicine Research and Development, the latest being the TetFund-sponsored Centre of Excellence in Food Security.
The University has collaboration with many national and international institutions. It has strong undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in 15 Faculties with a population of 34,868 full time undergraduate Students, 2,020 Non-NUC students and 2,437 full time postgraduate students. The University has a full-time academic staff strength of 1,798, senior technical staff of 638, senior administrative staff of 473, secretarial staff of 189 and junior staff of 992.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Jos, Plateau
- The position of Registrar, University of Jos will be vacant on June 24, 2022. In accordance with the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amended) Act 2003, the Governing Council of the University is hereby calling for applications from interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience to apply for the post of Registrar, University of Jos.
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Governing Council, the Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must possess a minimum of First Degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 15 years post qualification experience in administrative capacities preferably in a University.
- Candidates must be serving officers not below the rank of Deputy Registrar. Possession of relevant higher degrees or postgraduate provisional qualifications in Institutional Management or other related disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must not be above the age of sixty (60) years on the 23rd June, 2022.
Condition of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single tenure of five (5) years.
- Salary and other benefits shall be as approved by the Federal Government and the Governing Council of the University of Jos.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send fifteen (15) copies of their typed Applications, detailed Curriculum Vitae and Photocopies of Credentials duly signed and dated. The Curriculum Vitae should at least, include these details:
- Name (surname first)
- Date and place of birth,
- Marital status
- Current and permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended (and qualifications) with dates
- Working experience
- Present post and salary,
The Applications should bear “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF REGISTRAR” and submitted under confidential cover, addressed and sent to:
University of Jos
Jos, Plateau State,
Post Code 930001 Nigeria.
- Candidates should also include the names and addresses of three (3) referees who must be in a position to attest to the applicant’s character, professional and administrative abilities.
- Candidates should request their referees to send the confidential reports in a sealed enveloped marked “Post of Registrar: Referees Report” at the top left hand corner of the envelop directly to the Vice-Chancellor at the address above.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 4th February, 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs