The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria was established by Decree No. 55 of 1970 which was later amended by decree No. 27 of 1992, later titled as Engineering (Registration) Act CAP E 11 of 2004 and now Engineers (Registration, etc) (Amendment) Act, 2018 is charged with the General Duty of: (a) Determining who are Engineering Personnel for the purpose of this Act; (b) Determining what standards of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become registered as Engineering Personnel and raising those standards from time to time as circumstances may permit; (c) Securing in accordance with the provisions of this Act the establishment and maintenance of Register of persons entitled to practice as Registered Engineering Personnel and Consultants and the publication from time to time of lists of those persons; (d) Performing other functions conferred on the Council by this Act; (e) Regulating and Controlling the practice of the Engineering Profession in all its aspects and ramifications.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The job of the Registrar is a full-time duty and he/she is the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Accounting Officer of COREN and shall be answerable through the President of Council to the Council.
- The successful candidate would be expected to provide the requisite professional and administrative advice to the Council and leadership of the staff of the Secretariat laid down by the Act and the Council in the achievement of the objectives of COREN.
- The Candidate should possess a Bachelors Degree in Engineering and should have been registered with COREN in any of the Engineering Disciplines that COREN regulates.
- The Candidate should be a Corporate Member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, NSE.
- The Candidate must have a minimum of 25 years Post Qualification cognate experience relevant to the Engineering Profession.
- The age of the Candidate must not be more than 60 years at his/her first appointment.
The following other qualifications will be an added advantage:
- Higher Engineering Degrees such as Masters, Ph.D, etc
- Computer proficiency.
- Fellowship of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
- Degrees and Professional Qualifications in Accounting, Law, Business Administration and Management
- Membership of Professional Management/Administration Bodies
Terms of Appointment
- The Appointment is for a period of Three (3) years in the first instance.
- Very attractive Salary, which is not below that of any similar Regulatory Council.
- All other entitlements are as obtained in the Federal Public Service.
- Full Names (Surname underlined)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children indicating the age of each one
- Date and Place of Birth
- Current Postal Address & E-mail Address
- Permanent Home Address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Work Experience in Chronological sequence
- Present employment status and salary
- Extra Curricular activities
- Publications, if any
- Date available to assume duties if appointed.
- Essay on Expression of Interest (not more than 2,000 words)
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees; one of which shall be the immediate
- Superior Officer or Professional.
- Any other relevant information.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN),
No. 22 Addis Ababa Crescent, Wuse Zone 4
P.O.Box 8461, Wuse,
For the attention of the President
- Applicants will be required to provide original of ALL their Credentials at the interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
- Candidates are required to request their Referees to send Confidential Report on them to the same address as above before the dosing date
Application Deadline 4pm on Monday 25th October, 2021.