Purchasing Officer at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. We have been working in Nigeria since February 1996. A Memorandum of Understanding between Medecins Sans Frontieres and the Federal Government of Nigeria facilitates this. We are at present co-operating with the Federal Ministry of Health, State and Local Government departments of health on various health projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Job Type: Indefinite
Duty Station: MSF OCA, Benue Project
Main Objective and Responsibility of the Position
- Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission / project.
Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description.
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Along with the Supervisor, ensure the completion of full Market assessments at intervals specified by the Logistics Manager, ensure that the Supplier database is sufficient to create a healthy and transparent competition to obtain best prices at highest quality.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
To apply for this role applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Essential, secondary education; commerce-related studies desirable.
- At least 2 years experience in supply chain-related jobs.
- Essential, mission working language and local language(s).
- Results and Quality Orientation – L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation – L1
- Behavioural Flexibility – L1
- Commitment.to MSF Principles – L1
- Service Orientation – L1
- Stress Management – L2.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
- Candidates who applied before do not need to re-apply.
- Lastly, only one online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will NOT be considered.
- Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
Application Deadline 30th September, 2021 at 4 PM.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.