Purchase / Tender Administration Supervisor at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Purchase / Tender Administration Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Head, Supply Chain Management
- This role is responsible for assisting in procurement of high value materials, per the approval matrix.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all suppliers, prepare reports and provide support to all managers to plan and execute all purchasing processes and provide an effective interface with all departments.
- Evaluate and analyze purchasing trend and price trend to identify forecasting demand and minimize purchasing costs.
- Review monthly stock statements and take required action.
- Liaising with other Departments to ensure the procurement of right materials.
- Market Survey and Stock re validation.
- Documentation, analysis of procurement process to payment process and also follow up with payment.
- Perform vendor rating and follow up with vendor for delivery schedules.
- Prepare and maintain vendor database and bidder lists.
- Manage all supplier contracts and assist to administer best pricing strategies for all purchase materials and recommend strategies to improve quality.
- Prepare consolidated items of purchase for the Annual Material Plan.
- Assist in obtaining and studying comparative prices and quotations. Make purchasing decisions based on information obtained.
- Prepare purchase orders and review for accuracy.
- Assist in conducting pre bid (techno-commercial) meeting/ clarifying and finalizing specification, time frames etc.
- Contributes to the development of processes and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- A relevant First Degree (B.Sc or H.N.D) in any field.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate industry experience.
- Electricity Industry Regulatory Knowledge
- Procurement Management
- Vendor Selection & Management
- Safety and Health compliance
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Supervisory/Managerial Skills
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Business Focus
- Excellent relationship management skills; managing expectations with suppliers.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
Application Deadline 2nd January, 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs