Project Manager, Workforce Nutrition at the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. We aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially those most vulnerable to malnutrition
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, Workforce Nutrition
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Classification: D4 – Project Manager
Travel required: Up to 40%
Direct reports: 1-5
- The GAIN Advancing Nutrition in Staple Crop Value Chains in Nigeria project proposes a set of nutrition-sensitive interventions to support the BMZ/GIZ Green Innovation Centre (GIC) in Nigeria to strengthen businesses and the value chains of cassava, maize, potato and rice through targeted business support activities, workforce nutrition interventions and increased production and use of biofortified crops.
- GAIN proposes to deliver an integrated suite of activities to support the GIC in Nigeria to strengthen their priority value chains and improve food and nutrition security through improved diets for farmers, farm workers, other workers in businesses in these value chains, and among the wider population in Nigeria.
- GAIN’s Workforce Nutrition (WFN) project under the Advancing Nutrition in Staple Crop Value Chains in Nigeria aims to develop an effective and efficient set of nutrition interventions for workers, which businesses in agricultural and industrial supply chains can implement.
- The post holder will support the Senior Project Manager, Supply Chains and will be directly responsible for the design and implementation of this component of the project.
- The post-holder will be expected to develop strong relationships with relevant partners, exploiting synergies within GAIN and with external stakeholders to ensure continued, effective project delivery.
- They will be responsible for influencing, providing leadership and reconciling stakeholders’ interests in the project ensuring that the agreed project activities are implemented within project timelines
- The nutrition approach will fit with core business, leveraging existing training structures and business communications, and offering a sustainable mechanism to provide ongoing nutrition programming.
- The programme design will provide businesses a win-win through improving the health and loyalty of their employees and supply chain actors.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Project management and oversight:
- Deliver project management in accordance with the GAIN guidelines.
- Develop nutrition sensitive training and Social Behavior Change communication materials and implement throughout the project cycle.
- Work with GAIN’s leadership to provide effective monitoring and tracking activities, outputs, outcomes and impact and
- Provide mediation to resolve any project implementation issues including differences between stakeholder and internal groups.
- Support the Senior Project manager to manage the development of nutrition sensitive workplans and budgets and track progress, including direct provision of regular updates to the Workstream global leads, funders, and country team leadership.
- Provide technical oversight to the implementation of activities that strengthen businesses and advance nutrition in target crop value chains.
- Ensure project outputs are well informed and up to date by keeping an eye on the relevant literature to ensure that the project remains fully informed by advances in the field.
- Maintain a reference document repository.
- Maintain high level liaison with government stakeholders and other organizations working on complementary projects in the country context to share knowledge and best practice.
- Plan and lead the creation of communications materials and capture lessons learned with support from the Communications Lead.
- Take part in and lead webinar presentations etc. to share GAIN’s experience.
- Prepare and be accountable for periodic donor reports and support global collation of wider programme reports and updates.
- Support the identification of new funding opportunities to fund the project as part of a long-term strategy.
- Support resource mobilisation efforts for GAIN Nigeria programme, based on the business plan and wider strategic objectives.
- Ensure the initiative is gender-sensitive, and where feasible, gender-transformative working through project design and implementation to continuously strengthen gender focus.
- Keep track of gender results, ensure the initiative is gender-sensitive, and where feasible, gender-transformative
- Synthesize and disseminate knowledge and evidence from GAIN Nigeria programmes that can help drive the agenda for nutritious and safe food in Nigeria.
- Support the recruitment of key staff (direct reports) and motivate team members to attain project goals, adhere to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Monitor staff performance and complete performance reviews.
Key Organizational Relationships
- Reports to the Senior Project Manager, Supply Chains
- Close working with the colleagues working on the EatSafe Project, Marketplace for Nutritious Foods, Nutritious Foods Financing Facility (N3F), Commercialisation of Biofortified Crops (CBC), and the SUN Business Network (SBN)
- External partners including government, complimenting organizations and donors.
- Line manages 1-5 direct reports.
- Close collaboration with the project teams in GAIN Nigeria
- Regular engagements with global Workstream Leads and colleagues in other GAIN Country Offices delivering similar projects.
- Other Nigeria Country Office staff
- Minimum of Degree level qualification in Nutrition, Dietetics, or similar
- Master’s level qualifications in the above or similarly relevant field of study / expertise in working in a nutrition led projects, highly preferred
- Proven experience in Social Behavior Change Communication research and implementation in food and agricultural value chains.
- Experience working as a Nutritionist or nutrition led projects will be an additional advantage
- Understanding and some experience/technical knowledge of health systems
- Track record of success in building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of working with government, business, civil society, and donor organizations / stakeholders at national and international levels
- Experience of working with governments and populations at municipal and state level
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical skills, able to review data and present meaningful reports
- Able to effectively prioritize and multi-task, often working under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Computer literate, with the ability to use MS Office Suite and other bespoke systems to support effective delivery
- Ability to present sometimes complex information to a diverse audience
- Ability to build relationships and influence at a high level
- Able to work effectively within a multi-cultural, matrix-style organization
- Excellent communication and command of English (written and spoken)
- Project management qualification is strongly preferred
- Ability/fluency in one or more of the major Nigerian languages an asset
What GAIN Offers
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly working environment
- Professional development opportunities
NGN 7,892,205 – NGN9,005,994 / Year dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st December, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs