Program Advisor at Pathfinder International
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Advisor (State Program Manager)
Requisition Number: PROGR001234
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Program Services
Reports to: Country Director
Objectives of the Project
The objectives of TAConnect G-ANC project are to:
- Improve the uptake and quality of a range of RMNCH services using Group Antenatal Care (G-ANC) in settings where ANC primary care services are delivered (facility and community)
- Support Borno state to adapt, adopt, implement, and sustain a group ANC model as part of their primary health care delivery services and system.
- Support the Borno State Malaria Elimination Program (Borno SMEP) to revise its policies to include active case detection and treatment during pregnancy, improved distribution of IPTp with SP through the G-ANC platform
- Support the Borno SMEP in strengthening malaria surveillance and look at how data from MiP can be applied to understand epi patterns in the broader population
- Assist Borno state to adopt and implement this policy at scale, including using human-centered design.
Purpose of the Job
- The Job holder will be responsible for providing technical guidance for the activities in the state.
- S/he will supervise and monitor the project and project implementation to ensure quality technical programming and ensure that activities follow the approved workplan as scheduled and reports compiled.
- S/he will collaborate closely with the state government and health ministry, departments, and agencies and with local partner organizations to form, expand, and/or strengthen state/community planning and action groups, build and sustain alliances or coalitions, and promote dialogue to assess and prioritize needs; design, implement and monitor project specific activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the project team and direct its work to implement the strategic & annual plans and to keep activities on track to achieve all milestones and deliverables.
- Monitor the project implementation process to ensure planned activities are effectively implemented towards the achievement of program goals and objectives especially related to Family Planning and Reproductive Health.
- Coordinate and collaborate with MoH, officials, local community resident local health officials and other stakeholders to design and implement programs aiming at improving the quality of and access to RMNCH services and information, improve client utilization and reduced discontinuation of contraceptive methods.
- Ensure effective advocacy programs in assigned state and local governments
- Ensures the planning and conduct of effective community mobilization and sensitization activities
- Provides continuous technical assistance and supportive supervision to facility and community providers in the areas of service delivery, M&E and other project activities.
- Develop and maintain effective project implementation relationships with key personnel at facilities and sites where the project is being implemented.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the HR policy manual.
- A Medical Doctor or qualified Nurse / Midwife with a minimum of six years relevant experience in reproductive health and community-based programs to deliver health services, and good knowledge of primary health care, maternal and newborn/child survival, child spacing and STI / AIDS programs
- Experience managing quality improvement and digital health interventions is a required
- Above average computer skills in MS Windows, Excel and Word
- Mature, responsible and able to meet deadlines under pressure and work with minimal supervision
- Strong interest and experience in community/health care provider capability building
- Experience working with the formal private health sector is a plus.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English in addition to one local language in the assigned state is an advantage.
- Good advocacy and people skills and experience in community mobilization and service delivery
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work with various constituencies, especially relevant government stakeholders, donors and other implementing partners
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical materials to both experts and lay audiences
- 5 – 7 years relevant experience in reproductive health and community based programs with ability to deliver health services. Familiarity with safe motherhood programs is a must
- Sound project management knowledge and skills, with excellent coordination capacity
- Must be organized, creative, independent able to handle multi –task, and focus with composure with capacity to meet deadlines
- Good problem-solving skills
- Mature, responsible and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Strong interest in community capacity/capability building
- Good advocacy skill and experience in community mobilization and service delivery.
- Ability to define and solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions
- Excellent interpersonal and communications (written and verbal) skills i
- Should speak one or two major local languages of the project area
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject.
Competencies / Attributes:
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Word.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services, including program strategies and indicators.
- Analysis and Sound Judgement: Good analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs