Sigma Consulting Group is a management consulting firm with a particular focus on HR services, Consumer Business, Healthcare, Real Estate and Financial Services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optician
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We’re need an experienced Optician or Dispensing Optician, who’ll be responsible for helping customers achieve the right type of eyeglasses, lense shape or contact lenses in accordance with their eyesight or eye conditions.
- Their duties include communicating with other eye care professionals to receive prescriptions and send them to Laboratory Technicians, providing customers with sample frames to fit their prescriptions and maintaining accurate customer data regarding their current or updated prescriptions.
- Measure, fit, adapt, adjust and repair eyewear.
- Evaluate customer’s facial structure to determine proper frame and fit;
- Discuss customer’s needs, occupation and hobbies to determine best lenses to suit lifestyle
- Repair frames by replacing hinges, nosepads or temples.
- Maintain a neat and orderly appearance to the dispensary at all times.
- Participate in student education.
- Order, verify and receive credits for ophthalmic lenses, eyewear and contact lenses.
- Contact patients regarding their materials (i.e., spectacles, contact lenses) which have arrived.
- Work with patients to provide patient education on how to use their new eyewear.
- Manufacture lenses in on-site finishing lab (when possible) to measurements taken.
- Prepare and deliver work orders to the laboratory for lens grinding and eyewear fabrication, as needed.
- Verify quality and measurements of materials returned from the lab.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of current trends in eyewear and ophthalmic lens technology.
Administrative / Fiscal:
- Supervise optometric technicians.
- Place all orders for lab materials and/or other maintenance items, or supervise other personnel in this.
- Maintain inventory of eyewear, accessories and supplies, along with the rationale for the ordering and selling of selected eyewear products.
- Work with representatives of frame manufacturers to determine appropriate frames to purchase for population served.
- Work with patients when they are not satisfied with their purchase.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Liaising with sales representatives from vision care product suppliers
- With further training, fitting contact lenses and giving advice on their care and use.
- Taking frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning.
- Interpreting optical prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists.
- Checking lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications.
- Negotiate responsible and favorable prices for lab and frame products and services.
- Reconcile statements from suppliers for purchases made.
- Establish pricing at the retail level for all eyewear products and accessories.
- Assist patients in the selection of eyewear appropriate to their ability to pay.
- Counsel patients with third party insurance as to the specifics of their coverage, including (but not limited to) patient’s responsibility, time for filing, etc.
- Maintain patient information on database.
- Provide data for analyses of profit-loss margin of optical services.
- Assist in the establishment and/or revision of guidelines, policies and warranties regarding the dispensary.
- Inventory frames and accessories 3-4 times a year at all sites.
- A Degree in related field
- Minimum of 10 years proven work experience as an Optician.
- A license or certification to practice as an Optician
- Training and certification in fitting contact lenses.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 10th January, 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.