Operating in the Supernatural! By Bishop David Oyedepo
Click HERE for Previous MESSAGES by Bishop David Oyedepo
Topic: Operating in the Supernatural!
Welcome to August! Thank God for taking us through the school of divine wisdom all through the month of July 2019 and my prayer is that each one of us shall begin to walk in the reality of wisdom from above, with undeniable proofs from this time onward, in the name of Jesus Christ! Today, we shall focus on: Operating in the Supernatural!
According to scriptures, every child of God has been redeemed a sign and a wonder to the world (Mark 16:20). The supernatural is a sign or an act that cannot be explained by natural laws yet cannot be denied. For it is written, Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel (Isaiah 7:14; see also John 3:8; Daniel 3:22-27). Also, the supernatural is the finger and the outstretched arm of God at work (Exodus 8:19; Deuteronomy 26:8). Finally, it is God’s intervention in the affairs of men (Luke 7:11-16).
However, new birth is a fundamental requirement for operating in the supernatural because according to scriptures, every child of God is born a sign and a wonder, Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion (Isaiah 8:18).
At New Birth, Certain Things Take Place in Our Lives
1 .Our Human Life is exchanged for Eternal Life: For it is written, For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life (John 3:16; see also Romans 6:23, 16:20). So, whatever eternal life cannot tolerate is not permitted to happen in our lives.
2. Our Natural Life is exchanged for Supernatural Life: According to John 3:8, The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Also Read: Engaging the Unlimited Power of Faith in the Word! By David Oyedepo
3. Our Earthly Life is exchanged for Heavenly Life: It is written, For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ (Philippians 3:20; see also 2 Corinthians 5:20; John 17:14,16). This implies that we are no longer citizens of this world; but spiritually, citizens of heaven on a mission for Christ on the earth. Furthermore, by redemption, we are made to sit together with Him in Heavenly places (Ephesians 1:20-12, 5:6).
4. We are Translated from the kingdom of Darkness to the Kingdom of His own Dear Son: The scripture says in Colossians 1:13, who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. This means we have changed citizenship. Therefore, the constitution of the former kingdom we belonged to has no more legal hold over our lives (John 10:35-36; Psalm 82:5-6).
What, then, are the Requirements for Operating in the Supernatural?
1. We must see our true picture from the scriptures: It is important to recognise that we cannot feature in the future we cannot picture (Genesis 13:14-15). In other words, the clearer the picture of our redemptive status, the higher our level of command of the supernatural. However, spiritual maturity is required to gain supernatural command (Galatians 2:1-2; Isaiah 9:6). So, it is not about age, it is about depth. Consequently, we must build ourselves up spiritually to enhance our level of command and begin to manifest our redemptive worth without challenges.
2. We must be filled with the Holy Ghost: Another fundamental requirement for operating effectively in the supernatural is enduement with the Holy Ghost. We recognise from scriptures that the Holy Ghost is the Grand Commander of the supernatural (Joel 2:28-30). Until Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit, the Messiah in Him could not manifest. He was still mistaken for Joseph’s son, the upcoming carpenter who will take over from His father (Luke 4:14). In the same vein, without the Spirit, our body is dead (James 2:26; John 6:63). So, it takes the Holy Ghost to be quickened or empowered to command the supernatural.
3. The Word of God must dwell in us richly: According to scriptures, the supernatural manifestations at creation are a combination of the move of the Spirit and the revelation of the Word. Genesis 1:1-2 says, In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. The Spirit of God moved upon the waters which is the Word of God (Ephesians 5:26).
In conclusion, since the Holy Ghost is the Grand Commander of the supernatural, as believers we must be baptised in the Holy Ghost and be committed to growing in power thereby growing in our level of command of the supernatural. However, commanding the supernatural is practically impossible without a relationship with the Holy Spirit; and that comes through new birth experience. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me of my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You, Jesus, for saving me! Now, I know I am born again!
For further reading, please get my books: Walking in the Miraculous, Operating in the Supernatural, Releasing the Supernatural and Commanding the Supernatural. I invite you to fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. respectively.
I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria, or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280, or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Facebook: David Oyedepo Ministries International, Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin.
Bishop David O. Oyedepo is a Nigerian Christian author, architect, preacher, and the founder and presiding bishop of the mega church, Living Faith Church Worldwide, also known as Winners’ Chapel.