Open Heaven For Teens 15 September 2021 – Are You Stingy?
Latest Open Heaven Devotional for Teens
TOPIC: Are You Stingy? [Open Heaven for Teens 15 September 2021]
MEMORISE: And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. Luke 6:31
Also Read: Open Heaven 15 September 2021 – God’s Order Is Social Order!
READ: Genesis 18:1-5
- And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
- And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
- And said, My LORD, if now I have found favor in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
- Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
- And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Proverbs 28-29, 2 Corinthians 7:1-16
Sometime ago, I visited a family and went with a particular gift for them. They welcomed me and offered me a seat. I thanked them, took my seat and we kept exchanging greetings. No one offered me a cup of water and I marveled at their stinginess. After some minutes, I bade them farewell and left with my gift. Don’t be stingy to anyone especially your visitors; note that the cup of water you cannot give can rob you of both physical and divine blessings.
A Christian teenager can be stingy and not realize it. When you give with a grudging heart, you are stingy. Some people offer things to their guest but hope the person says no. Be hospitable to everyone that pays you a visit; insist that they take water and if you have a drink or fruit to offer, do. Abraham entertained guests and got a re-affirmation of Gods promise with a time-frame. Give with a cheerful heart without expecting anything in return. Be generous and love others just like Christ loves you.
Stinginess is not a fruit of the Spirit
HYMNS: When We Walk With The Lord
- When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who
will trust and obey.
Trust and obey!
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
but to trust and obey.
- Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear,
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while
we trust and obey.
- Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and
- But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
For the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust
- Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.