OPEC Fund Recruitment for Country Manager, Public Sector Operations Department
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Country Manager, Public Sector Operations Department
- The Country Manager contributes to implementing the Mandate of the OPEC Fund in assigned partner countries, i.e. development finance operations/activities in these countries, as well as managing the relationships with development partner institutions.
- The Country Manager, under the supervision of the Regional Director, is responsible for identifying options for the optimum deployment of the resources in the partner countries in accordance with OPEC Fund strategic Framework, Business Plan and Country Operations Strategies. The position reports to the Regional Director. The position has no structural supervisory function/s.
Trending Npower Stipends Payment 2021 for Batch C Beneficiaries has Began
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to development of short-medium and long-term objectives for the assigned countries, in line with the Strategic Framework, Corporate Objectives and Business Plan
- Identifies new cooperation opportunities for public sector financing in assigned countries, including systematic liaison with peers in partner institutions; develops a project pipeline in line with the country operations strategy
- Contributes to the Region and Department main deliverables, including project proposals, development of Department Policy Papers and facilitation of project/loan agreements.
- Responsible for the financing project life cycle in assigned partner countries, from identification, evaluation, approval, signing loan agreement, to implementation and completion
- Responsible for coordinating the development and management of OPEC Fund sovereign loans and operations in assigned complex partner countries
- Conducts on a regular basis portfolio assessments for assigned countries
- Assesses the situation of partner countries under specific circumstances (i.e. post-conflict, economic recession, debt sustainability framework) and evaluates solutions for OPEC Fund assistance, in coordination with major donors
- Reviews draft loan agreements and coordinates prompt fulfillment of legal requirements for approved projects Undertakes project evaluations, including appraisals, mid-term reviews and project completion reviews, in accordance with the defined project scope and OPEC Fund established methodology
- Reviews and monitors, in coordination with the Finance Department, timely processing of loan disbursement requests, loan servicing and repayment process, in accordance with OPEC Fund procedures
- Prepares project impact assessment and completion reports
- Prepares project proposals, operational documents, as well as all internal and external correspondence, ensuring timelines, quality as well as consistency with OPEC Fund guidelines, procedures and applicable legal documents.
- Prepares recommendations for project implementation, monitoring and evaluation related matters (including procurement and loan disbursement in line with applicable procedures).
- Reports to the Regional Director on issues of relevance for OPEC Fund cooperation with assigned countries
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the Regional Director.
Trending National Cash Transfer Registration 2021/2022 – ncto.gov.ng Household Uplifting Program
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics / Finance / Engineering or other relevant fields
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience
- Preferably 1-2 years of experience in an international development finance institution.
- Good knowledge of procurement procedures and processes
- Demonstrable project management knowledge and skills
- Good understanding of developmental project appraisal skills and knowledge
- Demonstrable experience in socio-economic evaluation and impact analyses
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of other major languages is an added advantage
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Trending Uraga Real Estate Limited Job Recruitment Application Portal
How to Apply