Omicron Sign, Symptoms and Preventive Measures to take
Omicron Covid-19 Variant Signs Symptoms and how to prevent Omicron : there is a need to protect yourself and people around you from Omicron Covid-19 Variant. This article is to create awareness about Omicron Covid-19 Variant, Symptoms, how to Prevent/Protect yourself from Omicron Variant and how to avoid being affected by Omicron Covid-19 Variant around your vicinity.
It is very crucial to know the preventive measures to avoid being affected by Omicron Covid-19 Variant that will help to save the nation and the world at large. Towards the end of this article i will map out preventive measures to avoid to stay safe.
Brief about Omicron COVID-19 Variant
World Health Organization (WHO) recently, declared it, first called B.1.1.529, a “variant of concern” and gave it the name Omicron.
Trending Business Ethics/Tips: 3 Reasons why your Business is not making Profit
It was first detected on 11 November, 2021 in Botswana omicron variant was first reported to WHO from South Africa on November 24, 2021. The first known confirmed infection was from a specimen collected on November 9, 2021.
READ – Omicron Covid-19 Variant: What you need to know and do
Omicron Signs and symptoms
According to World Health Organization (WHO) Signs and symptoms of Omicron Covid-19 Variant include:
- Respiratory symptoms and include fever
- Cough and shortness of breath
- In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome and sometimes death
- Get vaccinated as soon as it’s your turn and follow local guidance on vaccination.
- Keep a physical distance of at least 1 metre from others, even if they don’t appear to be sick. Avoid crowds and close contact.
- Wear a properly fitted mask when physical distancing is not possible and in poorly ventilated settings.
- Clean your hands frequently with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of used tissues immediately and clean hands regularly.
- If you develop symptoms or test positive for Omicron Variant, self-isolate until you recover.
- Make sure your mask covers your nose, mouth and chin.
- Clean your hands before you put your mask on, before and after you take it off, and after you touch it at any time.
- When you take off your mask, store it in a clean plastic bag, and every day either wash it if it’s a fabric mask or dispose of it in a trash bin if it’s a medical mask.
- Don’t use masks with valves, please.
- Avoid the 3Cs: spaces that are closed, crowded or involve close contact.
- Try to meet people outside. Outdoor gatherings are safer than indoor ones, particularly if indoor spaces are small and without outdoor air coming in.
- In a situation you can’t avoid crowded or indoor settings, take these precautions:
Trending Win N50,000 in NPHCDA YesTOCOVID19 Vaccine Challenge 2021/2022- Apply Now
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs