Nurse at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 20th 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its programme principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are currently looking for the right candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nurse
Location: Mafa LGAs – Borno, Tarmuwa & Fune LGAs – Yobe
Number of Opening: 1
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 1 year
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- This clinical position ensures that every beneficiary receives an adequate medical examination, the required routine and prescribed medication and referral for additional treatment, as appropriate and according to international treatment protocols and standards for IYCF and CMAM.
- S/He is the clinical resource for the onsite implementation process of IYCF, Pre and Post Natal Care and medical aspects of the nutrition program. The CMAM nurse ensures the program is provided to all the beneficiaries while respecting guidelines and principles of good practice e.g WHO, the Operational Guidance on IYCF and CMAM.
- She or He performs tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Makes sure that CMAM program is implemented according to the National protocol i.e. application of the admission and discharge criteria, closely monitors and strictly follows anthropometry measurement
- Ensures children admitted are being fed with therapeutic feeds as prescribed based on the National guidelines
- Conduct psychosocial support activities in the stabilization center.
- Ensure medications are prescribed and administered based on National/Who guidelines.
- Ensures the availability of job aids, reporting formats, therapeutic products and drugs for program implementation in SC
- Makes sure that health professionals from the health facilities to participate on the daily routine work for sustainability and smooth phase out strategy,
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP/SC.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensure all children in SC are immunized according to the national protocols.
- Provide key Nutrition and Health education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the SC sites.
- Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries properly
- Provide a daily/weekly and Monthly CMAM report to the SC doctors/nutrition coordinator.
- Upholds the image and values of Plan international Nigeria at all times.
- Ensure timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals to the SC.
- Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics
- Work closely CMAM officer, IYCF Officer and community mobilization officer to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community to OTP and SC sites.
- Work closely with other partners implementing OTP for proper referral and monitoring of beneficiaries at OTP level
- Take a co-lead on Management of complicated SAM services at Stabilization centre sites and ensure the correct amount and type of therapeutic feeding is given to the admitted cases as per the protocol.
- Ensure the multi-chart/inpatient card has properly filled and monitored and corrective action has taken on daily basis.
- Through liaison with the community volunteers provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the program, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems… etc.
- Performs other related tasks as required, like control and facilitation of vehicle movement within the project area in the field Prepare and submit regular monthly and quarterly logistic activity reports to the project/office managers;
- The Nurse will be based in Borno (Mafa LGAs), Yobe (Tarmuwa & Fune LGAs) Sates
- B.Sc or Diploma in Nursing, Midwifery.
- Excellent report-writing skills is an additive.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Commitment to and understanding of AHSF’S aims, values and principles.
- Over two (2) years’ experience in complicated SAM case management in SC and CMAM programme.
- Valid and current practicing license.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.
Application Deadline 10th January 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs