Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator
Location: Sokoto, Nigeria
- The ASPIRE project is a 5-year project funded with support from Global Affairs Canada and focused on improving sexual rights and reproductive health of adolescent girls and boys in Bauchi and Sokoto state.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation plan and corresponding instruments for ASPIRE project and implementing M&E strategies in compliance with the project management tools and donor requirements.
- They will participate in project reviews, assessments including internal data quality assessments, monitoring and evaluations.
- They will work closely with project colleagues and partners to facilitate community level data collection, analyse and present to project staff and stakeholders within States of implementation.
Dimensions of the Role
- The post holder will communicate with the CO M&E manager, M & E coordinator, Project Coordinator, Project Manager and across Plan International Nigeria and field implementing partners.
- The post holder will support the design, development and implementation and strategic oversight of the comprehensive M&E framework/strategy, monitoring system, and evaluations, including the use of both quantitative and qualitative tools.
- As well, this role also requires the capacity think creatively to ensure high levels of engagement of diverse adolescent/adolescents from marginalized groups in M&E processes.
- This requires using creativity to design studies and data collection tools that are as child-friendly as possible, including adolescent from low-income and low literacy settings.
- The role also supports others, such as M&E officers, to improve their competencies in child-friendly M&E systems and tools.
- The post holder will interface and support programme team members and programme coordination as well as government actors and local partners regarding monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all staff, partners and other stakeholders
- In collaboration with the Field Team, Plan International Canada M&E staff, and under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, the M&E Coordinator will:
Programme Development and Quality Management:
- Lead regular monitoring data collection, verification, entry, spot checking, analysis, reporting and sharing, ensuring accurate, high quality household, community and facility level data is collected on all PMF (Performance Measurement Framework) indicators on a regular basis and as per agreed framework and timelines
- Lead, coordinate and follow the development and implementation of Baseline, Midterm, End-line and research studies in order to inform the M&E framework, tools, systems and processes
- Provide information and feedback to the M&E advisor and PM to inform adjustments in project strategy, and to ensure that the project remains relevant and effective.
- Work with project team members to ensure community level gender and age disaggregated data is collected, analysed and presented for communities to make informed decisions on SRHR issues.
- Ensure timely and high-quality regular monitoring and evaluation reports are produced.
- Work with safeguarding advisors to ensure that studies and data collection identify and mitigate risk of harm to adolescent.
- Coordinate closely with program leads to develop effective monitoring and measurement tools and collect relevant data.
- Maintain a strong information management system and use findings to inform and improve program delivery.
- Carry out regular data review exercises.
- Ensure that all internal and external reports are submitted on time and to a high standard.
- Develop spot-check tools for field monitoring of activities to ensure the quality of implementation.
- Provide regular and timely feedback on project progress against planned activities, outputs and results.
- Ensure capacity strengthening by regularly training and mentoring staff and partners for improved program monitoring and evaluation, including on subjects such as child safeguarding in data collection and ethical considerations of collecting data with adolescent.
- Lead all operational and programme research processes.
- Contribute to the technical support for staff and partners
- Establish linkages with, and provide support to state and local government M&E staff in the state.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Degree in Statistics or Social or Health Sciences or an equivalent from a recognized higher institution.
- Possession of a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 4 to 6 years’ practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation of public health programs especially SRHR programs and/or in CP/GBV programming in an organization with a robust M&E component.
- Experience in gender transformative data collection and measurement, Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation especially in community, household and health facility data collection processes.
- Experience working with the DHIS 2.0 software is required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with software/ statistical packages such as Microsoft Access SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, databases (Access) and spreadsheets (Excel).
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with the use of technology for data collection including mobiles phones and Global Positioning System (GPS) preferred.
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Capacity to think creatively to design child-friendly studies and participatory data collection tools which are age-appropriate, safe and ethical for adolescent.
- Demonstrated leadership in designing or supporting research or data collection with adolescents. Supporting others to improve their competencies in this area of M&E and research is also an advantage.
- Ability to support large data collection processes and manage large datasets, including analysis, interpretation and presentation of both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Possession of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively appropriate to the audience. Knowledge of Hausa Language is an added advantage.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse
Application Deadline 25th November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.