Logistics / Admin Assistant at Norwegian Church Aid
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics / Admin Assistant
Locations: Monguno and Pulka, Borno
Slots: 2 Openings
Employment Type: Contract
Contract duration: 1 year with possible extension
- Ensures there is cooking gas and clean drinking water regularly and the water dispensers/pots are in good clean conditions
- Facilitates availability of office stationaries, toiletries, generator fuel and other material necessary for the smooth operations of the guest houses and office
- Ensures that stationeries, supplies, and assets records are updated on a regular basis in line with NCA procurement policy.
- Supervises all Security guards, cleaners, and house keepers in discharging their duties.
- Providing logistical support to the team and equipment and premises in the safe space, water stations in the field location
- Liaises with the Maiduguri Senior HR and Admin officer on respective staff accommodations for staff arriving and departing to designated approved destinations. This includes humanitarian hub for non-field staff, international staff, and visitors to the field office.
- Collect all invoices, bills for movement and accommodation within the month and dispatch to Maiduguri for processing.
- Administration of the vehicle logs to ensure each driver has enough log sheets, that they are duly filled and form part of the payment request for the motor company.
- Keeps a record of all staff travels and facilitates according to plan
- Manages the staff movement board ensuring that vehicles are available on schedule to transport staff to different official locations
- Ensures the utilities are smooth and running i.e., the generator fuel etc.
- Processes payment requests for the invoices for further action by finance department
- Filing of all vouchers and sending them to Maiduguri
- Petty cash administration on impress basis and requisitioning when the balance is at reasonable levels.
- Photocopies and sending any relevant finance documents to Maiduguri.
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are in place to avoid stock ruptures, losses (expiries, damages due to bad storage conditions, temperature breach) and excess stocks. Regularly checking inventory levels (physical counts), keeping inventories up to date and monitoring consumption
- Checking, recording, and arranging the goods received and ensuring the availability of a wide range of items for various users
- Ensuring that all items are well organized and correctly stored according to their specificity, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.)
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility including the definition and planning of each person’s tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule and organizing and leading team meetings
- Releasing items from stores according to NCA standard and updating the store register daily
- Informing the line manager of the need for replenishment in the store
- Ensuring stock taking and inventories are conducted on regular interval
- Planning and supervising on a day-to-day basis the Warehouse and Stock Management activities in Maiduguri and field locations, ensuring compliance of NCA standards, protocols, and procedures. These activities include but are not limited to the following:
Maintenance of Equipments and Premises:
- Cleanliness of compound, office and guest houses with all litter bins emptied and garbage collected
- Ensures that the small repairs for electrical tools are carried out to satisfaction of staff
- Liaises with Maiduguri officers for the smooth running of the field offices and vehicle movements.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager
- Ensures that the cleaners/house keepers have the tools of work, brooms, mops, following up on pending requisitions you place for their work tools.
- Ensures that material and equipment are delivered to the venue
- Have the material and equipment returned after the function for future use and safe custody.
- Supports in trainings, ensuring that the training venue is ready before training kicks off
- Supports in collecting and sending any HR related documents and send them to the Senior HR Officer in Maiduguri for processing (Volunteer timesheets etc)
- Executes any other tasks as may on the directives of the Senior HR Officer, Logistics Officer and Field Supervisor
- Works with other program and operations staff at the field location to ensure the coordination of NCA activities are managed smoothly.
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
- Facilitates emergency and non-emergency security expenditures.
- Actively promotes PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within NCA and amongst beneficiaries served by NCA.
- Administrative Degree from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 years in a similar post out with NGO
- Language skills: fluent verbal/written English and local language.
- Supervisory experience required
Experience & Technical Skills:
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Good interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships with all staff and key stakeholders externally.
- Excellent stress managementAbility to manage conflict and reach and build consensus.
- Willingness to live and work in difficult and rapidly changing conditions.
- Constructive and pro-active communication with a wide variety of actors and stakeholders.
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Behavioural flexibility
- Adherance to NCA Principles
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
- Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV in a single Microsoft Word document to “The Human Resources, Norwegian Church Aid” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Applications not following the given format will not be considered.
- Note that background checks will be conducted thorough the HR offices of your current and previous employers
- Your three PROFESSIONAL referees MUST be your current or previous line managers and MUST be official emails.
- Qualified Borno State indigenes are encouraged to apply.
- Position opens to both female and male candidates.
- Nigeria Nationals only.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 31st December, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs