jobzilla.ng Travel and Protocol Assistant
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Travel and Protocol Assistant – GS4
Reference No: 2107030
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organisation: AF_NGA Nigeria
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 6 months
Under the general supervision of the WHO country representative and direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent of the position will primarily deal with the following tasks;
- Assist in the processing of visas at the embassies, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Nigeria Immigration and arrange visas at the port of entry where the need arises.
- Assist in preparing note verbale, visa support letters and attestation letters to those travelling on WHO missions.
- Support other programmes in preparing travel requests through GSM for staff and non-staff members.
- Keeps the travel files up-to-date and attend to inquiries regarding travel files, correspondence and transaction/operations.
- Support in making flight reservations through the travel agents and picking up tickets for staff members and participants going for various meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences within and outside the country.
- Collate and process supplier’s invoices, liaise with GSC and Finance units to ensure timely payment of tickets and reconcile payments with travel agents.
- Provide airport reception by ensuring speedy passage through the immigrations and customs.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Trending HR and Admin Secretary Job at Harmony Group
- Essential: Completion of Secondary School Education with training in Business Administration or related field
- Desirable: University Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Social Sciences or related fields and training in protocol management
- Essential: At least 4 years’ experience commensurate with the duties of the post and its grade in WHO, UN agencies or other international organizations.
- Desirable: WHO or UN agencies experienced in the management of travels and protocol.
Trending Warehouse Checker at Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (Enugu)
- Excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Producing results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Knowing and managing yourself
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge and ability to make travel arrangements at competitive costs. Good knowledge of tourism and related industry.
- Ability to acquire sound knowledge of WHO rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at various levels and of different nationalities.
Trending Land and Marine Transport Supervisor Job at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Other Skills (e.g. IT):
- Computer literacy in basic software programmes, in particular, basic word-processing, data management programmes, electronic communication technology and excel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings
Application Closing Date: 23rd December, 2021 (11:59 PM)
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs