International Organization for Migration Recruitment
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Nigeria, the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and in close coordination with the Resources Management Unit, Programme Support Unit (PSU) in Abuja, and with relevant units at Headquarters (HQs) and the Regional Office(RO), the successful candidate will be responsible for the management of the provision of support in project development, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), and reporting for all IOM programmes in north-east Nigeria. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for providing guidance and support on donor liaison and resource mobilization activities, applicable to IOM Nigeria’s programming in the Northeast.
- The Programme Coordinator will oversee programme support activities to streamline and facilitate: Sufficient funding of the emergency response through project development and strong donor relations; Efficient internal and external sharing of information; timely and accurate reporting though robust M&E structures; and regular development of timely and accurate communication products management and coordination of IOM’s Shelter and NFI Programmes in North-East Nigeria
- This is a temporary position established to cover for Maternity Leave.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Programme Development, Donor Liaison and Resource Mobilization:
- Act as focal point for programme support activities, and contribute to the design and development of new programmes/projects within the area of emergency response and programming in north-east Nigeria, in close coordination with the Chief of Mission, the Head of Sub-Office/ Emergency Coordinator, Programme Managers, PSU in Abuja, IOM Regional Office, IOM Headquarters, Governmental Authorities and International and Regional Institutions as well as partners’ organizations in the public/private sector.
- Monitor compliance with donor regulations and obligations and follow up on meeting objectives within the agreed timeframe and budget; Coordinate contractual negotiations with donors and monitor the Mission’s compliance with the Organization’s related rules and policies.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project / programme assessment, liaison with counterparts, problem solving, and new project / programme development, as required.
- Coordinate operational and administrative aspects of the Programme Support Unit, including oversight responsibility of unit staff (PD, Reporting, MEAL).
- Liaise with diplomatic missions, national and international institutions, international and non-governmental organizations and other relevant partners/donors: (1) to discuss/develop programme and project possibilities; (2) coordinate and promote new activities and participate in raising funds for new projects/ programmes; (3) to facilitate proper coordination and representation of IOM Nigeria’s emergency response portfolio.
- Develop programmes/ projects based on solid results framework that respond to emerging trends as well as country and donor priorities.
Trending P-AADS Loan 2021/2022 – Register/Apply for CBN P-AADS Scheme Application Form Portal
- Act as focal point for reporting activities relevant to the area of IOM Nigeria’s Emergency Response portfolio. Activities include: (1) oversee drafting of narrative programme/ project reports in line with IOM and/or donor formats; (2) Support in producing internal situation reports for the senior management and external visibility materials, such as external situation reports. To be conducted in close coordination with relevant Programme Managers.
Programme Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the implementation of the emergency response program in Nigeria.
- Oversee Monitoring and Evaluation activities to support data collection and inform/identify in advance implementation challenges and support the program managers to ensure timely delivery of activities and services within the designated timeframe.
- Assess program implementation modalities, assist the program managers in achieving maximum efficiency in program delivery, measure and report results to senior program staff and counterparts, and directly inform the programme strategy on a continual basis.
- In close coordination with the relevant programme manager, plan and oversee field
- monitoring and evaluation missions to ensure technical compliance and timely execution of projects vis-à-vis approved plans and baselines.
- In coordination with the Resource Management Officer (RMO) and the HSO/EC, liaise between IOM finance staff and programme managers to ensure that the latter are observant of financial requirements.
- Oversight and supervision responsibilities of Monitoring and Evaluation Staff.
Sub-Office and Mission Senior Management Team Support:
- Ensure adequate follow-up with mission staff in terms of strategic input and key decisions, including inputs for the mission’s development of a country programme.
- Identify areas of programme implementation which require the HSO/EC’s and/or the Chief of Mission’s intervention.
- As requested, represent IOM and participate in national, international, inter-agency and government-led coordination mechanisms, meetings, relevant conferences, workshops, and policy and technical working groups to facilitate proper coordination and representation of IOM’s preparedness and response portfolio.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Trending How to Apply/Register for Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (NJFP) Recruitment 2021
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in emergency response in the field, post conflict and other displacement situations;
- Experience in coordinating with various programme units and ability to establish and maintain working relations with government counterparts, UN agencies;
- Experience in Project design and donor liaison.
- Knowledge of the Humanitarian and Development Nexus;
- Excellent demonstrated analytical skills applied on a wide range of factors, parameters, policies and priorities for the assessment and resolution of complex situations, including technical understanding.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization;
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming;
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and Spanish are an advantage.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Trending United Parcel Service (UPS) Recruitment | Latest UPS Job Vacancies
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
- Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts
Appliaction Closing Date 25th November, 2021.