Internal Audit / Compliance Officer at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a women-led, faith-based Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). WEWE’s core ideology is to be one of the most financially compliant and clean NGOs in Nigeria and Africa and we want to improve the lives of millions of widows and orphans in Nigeria and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit / Compliance Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Contract
- WEWE is currently implementing a USAID-funded project and a US CDC funded project and we are looking for talented, gifted and intelligent individuals that are God fearing.
- This position is being recruited strictly on merit, we do not have an already existing candidate, and we are sincerely looking for the best candidate that can add value to our finance team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out pre and post review of all financial expenditures.
- Review monthly certified expenditure reports to ensure correctness.
- Carry out internal control self-assessment on assigned agents.
- Ensure compliance with donor’s cost principles.
- Assist the organization in carrying out risk identification and exposures; and timely report to the appropriate authority with recommending improvements.
- Timely investigate all cases of fraudulent practices and missing assets.
- Ensure withholding tax is remitted timely within the specified days after deduction.
- Ensure Project Staff PAYE Tax is remitted to the relevant tax authority within the specified period monthly.
- Ensure monthly remittance of Staff Pension benefit to the relevant pension managers by the Organization.
- Maintains internal audit/compliance register detailing auditing investigations and recommendations
- Prepare period reports of audit activities in line with WEWE’s processes and procedures
- Ensure full compliance with donor’s financial rules and regulations.
- Ensure strict adherence with WEWE’s internal policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure project activities’ adherence to Nigerian fiscal, tax and related rules and regulations.
- Perform monthly review and evaluation of financial records/reports and bank reconciliation statement.
- Ensure project assets are safeguarded.
- Regularly review and ensure that inventory records are updated, complete, and accurate.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma in Accounting
- Must possess a second class upper/Upper credit
- Knowledge of US CDC funding or USAID funded is an added advantage
- Experience working with international NGOs, local civil society organizations, government, bilateral and multilateral donors in a multi-cultural, politically sensitive environment is an advantage.
- Candidates with ICAN or ACCA qualification or its equivalent is preferred
- Thorough understanding of program management, donor reporting requirements and managing donor relations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis.
- WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- While WEWE thanks all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Application Deadline 19th October, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.