Hygiene Promotion (HP) Officer at Solidarites International
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion (HP) Officer (Male or Female)
Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Contract Start Date: Projected contract duration is 3 Months with possible extension
Goal / Purpose
- Under the supervision of the Hygiene Promotion Team Leader (HPTL) and indirectly under the WASH Program Manager (WASH PM), the Hygiene Promoter will implement and monitor Hygiene Promotion related activities.
- He will comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence as well as with the principles and mandate of Solidarités International at all times.
Hygiene Promotion Activity Planning and Implementation:
- Ensure that assigned activities are implemented according to program work plan and methodology validated by management
- Support the Hygiene Promotion Team Leader and WASH PM in the preparation of weekly team planning and weekly progress reports
- Supervise day-to-day program activities and report quickly to the Hygiene Promotion Team Leader in case of problem or change
- Identify problems during implementation and suggest improvements on design and specification
- Make sure that beneficiaries receive adequate technical support during WASH related activities
- Show respect to all stakeholders including beneficiaries, local council, non-beneficiaries and other team mates.
- Always work in a manner which reflects Solidarités International (SI) mandate, humanitarian principles and working procedures, including administrative and logistics procedures.
- Participate to the rapid WASH response when required
- Supervise and provide technical support to the field team
- Monitor work progress, quantity and quality for assigned activities implemented in the field
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Report back to the Hygiene Promotion Team Leader before, during and after the activities and provide any additional information related to WASH activities, security context or any event that may affect Solidarités International activities and security.
- Coordinate with support staff (logistic and administration) + all WASH staff involved in the program.
- Actively participate in Program Meetings and Regular Base Meetings.
- Have and promote a good behaviour on the field as Solidarités International employee.
- Report every week to the Hygiene Promotion Team Leader regarding progress on activities.
- Coordinate with field representatives (camp/health facility management, beneficiaries, other WASH actors etc.) where necessary.
Organisation Chart Position (Hierarchical and Functional Interlocutor)
- Line interlocutor: Hygiene Promotion Team Leader
- Line supervisor(s) on base: Hygiene Promotion Team Leader
- Functional interlocutor: Hygiene Promotion Team Leader
- Functional supervisor(s): Hygiene Promotion Team Leader.
Profile / Requirements
- Minimum of Six (6) months of experience as Hygiene Promoter or in a similar role
- Ability to deliver high quality outputs in a timely manner
- Fluent in speaking English and Hausa
- A Good listener, good communicator, ability to prioritize his/her work, team player, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with little supervision.
- Resident of Gasau – Zamfara State.
What We Offer
Salary + Transport & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Hard copy Applications (CV and Motivation Letter only) will also be received at:
GadaBiyu, Zanna Road,
Opposite A.A Gusau House,
Gusau, Zamfara State.
- Open the link above, select “Hygiene Promotion Officer (HP Officer) Gusau”, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date
Application Deadline 22nd October, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.