Human Resources Manager at Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full time
Department: Human Resources
Reporting to: Operations Support Coordinator
Technical Supervisor: HR Head of Department
Experience Level: Manager / Supervisor
Proposed Start Date: January 2022
- Implement staff regulations and related policies; proposing change when necessary, in order to ensure on-going compliance with national labor laws. Any adjustment of existing HR policies will require prior discussion with the Head of HR and the Operations Support Coordinator at country level, and ratification by the HQ HR Advisor;
- Monitor compliance with AAH policies and procedures and local legal framework at the field level.
- First point for contact for HR related issues and sharing information as well as playing advisory role to managers in all aspects of HR;
- Compile completed appraisals, update the performance appraisal tracking sheet at field level as well as the annual training plan database, and submit them to the Head of HR at country level for analysis and action;
- Assist in training staff in the use of all HR tools and policies as required;
- Work closely with the HR team in Abuja to ensure synergy of HR practices;
- Compile monthly HR reports and submit a field HR sitrep to the Head of HR and the Operations Support Coordinator by a specific date every month;
- Assist the Head of HR to maintain the international staff database at field level;
- Prepare monthly and mid-month cash forecasts for HR related expenses;
- Liaise with managers to initiate recruitment and ensure proper approval by HR and Finance;
- Review recruitment requests and JD’s to ensure they are in line with the mission staffing plan;
- Follow up on annual leave planning and execution;
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management, or Social Sciences, or related discipline preferred. Post Graduate qualification in Human Resources will be an added asset;
- At least 4+ years of professional experience across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution;
- Experience of Managing HOMERE software systems;
- Ability to work in a stressful environment, taking initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision;
- Member of HR Professional Body or Certification in Human Resources;
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented and ability to effectively communicate with all employees at all levels;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team;
- Proven ability to model core HR values of confidentiality, fairness and discretion;
- Must be comfortable explaining complex technical & procedural requirements in a non-technical manner;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (high proficiency in Excel); comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support;
Starting Gross Basic Salary
NGN 718,840 per month (excluding other benefits).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Deadline Friday, 24th December, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs