HR Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, private, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian organization. Our organization offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters, to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation and have been working in Nigeria since February 1996.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Main Objective and Responsibility
- To execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Project HR Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives
Description of the Responsibilities / Activities
- Under supervision of the Project HR Manager managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personnel files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Updating Social security tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Additional HR/ Admin tasks delegated by the Project HR Manager.
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Induction of new employees as well as dailly workers.
- Introduces and explains L&TC to new employees as well as all other contractual documents.
- Supports the line manager in the presentation of the settlement slip and employment certificates.
Administrative Follow Up:
- Files, archives and updates the National Staff (NS) files: IDs, photos, signed contracts, signed IR, job descriptions, dependents’ forms and various individual documents.
- Assists in the recruitment process, such as (such as posting the vacancy inside/outside the office, online posting, inviting the candidates for written tests/interviews, making the job offer, etc.
- Supports the Line Manager in New Hire Induction.
- Introducing the NS Health Policy to new staff members, briefing them on Hygeia Cards, etc.
- Assists to plan and followup on emplyees’ leaves, overtime with supervisors.
- Checks rosters each month and archives them.
- Keeps the contact list updated (organogram on the manager’s request).
- Follow up on the implementation of new administrative regulations upon request.
- Compiles monthly payroll data for all NS in order to ensure that the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll is maintained.
- Follows up on NS personal data update on HOMERE (JDs, contracts, information regarding dependents, trainings, bank account, leaves, evaluations, warnings, etc.)
- Follow up on NS job profiles and update according to the needs of various departments, sending monthly report to coordination.
- Follows up on HOMERE Payroll Calendar
- Ensures that all HOMERE software are updated with new parameters, statistics.
- Answers questions coming from the coordination regarding HOMERE.
- Upon HOMERE closure, exports the annual leave balance and sends to all supervisors/managers on monthly basis.
- Supervises the Secretary, Cooks and Cleaners very closely in terms of their respective JDs.
- Together with line manager responsibe to organise and prepare evaluations of secretary, cooks & cleaner.
- Books meetings regularly with secretary, cooks and cleaners.
- Organise the Leave Plans and Replacements.
- Keeps and manages the DW pools for all departments and calls them upon request.
- Follows up for payments of DWs, makes sure to collect them and give to HR Manager for validation for finance.
- Ensures that rosters of all departments are respectively checked before preperation of payroll.
- Assist in preperation of monthly report on employees (updated organograms, dismissed, hired and resigned employees, severance, grades, overtime, leave planning, sick leave, seniority letters, etc.) on a regular basis.
- With assistance from Line Manager ensure the understanding, diffusion an implementation of the L&TC.
- Ensures to conduct SANOU and RB Trainings based on need.
- Follows up and supports the trainings at the project level (ensures all necessary items: stationery, tea breaks, etc. as well as training room are organised as per needs).
Networking and MSF Representation:
- Maintains good contact with the local administrations and other stakeholders (tax, immigration, revenue offices, etc.)
- Accompanies the Admin/HR Manager to any external meeting upon request.
Mobile Phone Management:
- Makes the internal request for mobile credits from supply on regular basis.
- Manages distribution of mobile ceredit to project staff as per authorisation.
Management of Office Stationery:
- Responsible for general management and organisation of all stationery needs of th eproject.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly needs based requests for stationery materials for the project.
Lease Agreement Management:
- Ensures that all MSF leases are properly filled and archived and follows up on expired dates of agreements, etc.).
- Reports of any damage of items / furniture / living conditions (office / expat house) to HR Manager for getting them fixed.
- Travelling to project sites based on need and when requested by line manager.
- Travel to MSF Coordination office in Abuja or to other MSF project sites for visits / trainings / supports / etc.
Requirements (Qualifications / Experience / Knowledge)
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Desirable HR, Administration Degree / related Diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- English language essential. Local language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, powerpoint).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2.
- Team work and Cooperation L2.
- Behavioural Flexibility L2.
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2.
- Stress Management L3.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Usage of Google Chrome Browser is recommended.
- Only applications submitted Online will be accepted.
- ONE online application form should be submitted as multiple submissions will NOT be considered.
- Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
- MSF is an equal opportunities employer and promotes diversity within the organization
Application Deadline 9th November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs