Health Field Officer 2 (Nutrition) at International Committee of the Red Cross
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Field Officer 2 (Nutrition)
Job ID: ABJ202100215
- Under the supervision of the Health Delegate, the Health Field Officer 2 (Nutrition) is the focal point for all matters related to the ICRC supported nutrition component in Primary Health Care and Hospitals program in Adamawa/Borno state including Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Growth Monitoring Promotion (GMP), Family MUAC program and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) program.
- Works with Yola Health Team, Nutrition delegate and Economic Security (EcoSec) teams to identify nutrition needs.
- Supports multi-disciplinary assessments, identifies needs and contributes to planning new programs and ongoing monitoring of existing programs.
- Develops and maintains a dialogue with health staff/LGA nutrition authorities in catchment areas of ICRC PHC programs
- Identifies training needs with Yola Health Team, Nutrition Delegate, prepares plan/budget and implements training programs including on-site training
- Prepares timely weekly field movement plan, Field Trip Reports.
- Coordinates with LOGISTICS / ADMIN departments on supply requests, cash forecast as required.
- Ensures timely data collection and reporting on PHC and nutrition program in areas under Yola sub-delegation i.e.
- Medical Activities Database, Beneficiary statistics.
- Ensures relevant CMAM reports are compiled, filled and submitted as necessary – Quarterly Health Technical Reports,
- Training reports, Minutes of Meeting, assessments reports are completed and filed in Team space.
- Ensures that appropriate supervision/monitoring plans are in place considering the limited access in most program sites
- In collaboration with SMOH/LGA nutrition focal persons and PHC in charge/ nutrition staff ensure case finding structure through screening and defaulter/absentee tracing is functional and the link between Community, PHC and Stabilisation centres is clearly defined and operational
- Monitor the achievement of nutrition objectives as per the PfR (planning for results) and the related Plan of Action.
- Liaise with health authorities – State Primary Health Care Board (SPHCB), State Ministry of Health (SMoH), Local
- Government Authorities (LGAs) and humanitarian organisations – working in nutrition and health as required by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Nursing, with valid registration.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing emergency health and nutrition programs.
- Familiar with Nigerian public health sector systems, primary health care and first aid program is highly desirable.
- Previous experience in Emergency health and nutrition programs.
- Good reporting and analytical skills and well-developed computer skills
- Works well within the team.
- Able to travel within Adamawa State.
- Conversant with Nigerian National CMAM, IYCF and GMP technical protocols.
- Previous experience in humanitarian context in Northeast and/or North-Central Nigeria.
- Understanding of humanitarian cluster/sector systems.
- Fluent in local language e.g Hausa.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Cover Letter and NYSC Certificate to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org using “ABJ202100215 Health Field Officer 2 (Nutrition) YOL” as the subject of their application.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 12th October, 2021 (16:30hrs).
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.