Head, Legal Services at Wema Bank Plc
Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Legal Services
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Legal, Legal Services
- The Head of Legal is first and foremost tasked with leading and motivating all the Legal Officers both at the head office and the regional offices to ensure that the perform optimally.
- The person will also act as a mentor to all legal department personnel, encouraging their professional growth.
- Legal Advisory Role: The Head of Legal along with the Legal Adviser manages legal risk within the enterprise by providing legal advice to the business and management.
- Collaboration Role: The role of the Head of Legal is also a collaborative one and in that capacity he works with departmental leadership and key stakeholders across the business in overseeing and ensuring legal compliance across the business, maintaining the business’s integrity both internally and externally (reputational risk)..
- Specific functions: The Head of Legal also performs similar duties as he deems fit for the proper execution of his duties and duties as delegated by the Company Secretary/Legal Adviser and management of the bank.
Supervise legal work of Legal Officers, paralegals, and outside counsel; consults on difficult or sensitive issues.
- Ensure compliance by the Bank with best Corporate Governance Practices including risk identification and mitigation.
- Draft, review, and approve policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal documents.
- Reviews contracts, leases, and other legal documents; researches legal issues and recommends revisions as necessary.
- Ensure the Bank is legally protected in all its transactions, with customers and other third parties;
- Manage the Bank’s litigation portfolio to ensure that it is within set parameters by Managing disputes, claims, actions and potential disputes.
- Review, research, interpret, and prepares both written and oral opinions on a wide variety of legal issues.
- Provide efficient, effective legal support services and ensuring compliance by the Bank with laws governing its operations;
- B.Sc Degree in Law.
- 7-10 years proven experience as Head legal Services/Legal Advisor.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures in the banking sector.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Professional Certification/MSc is an added advantage.
- Preferably candidates from the banking sector.
Application Deadline 10th January, 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs