Finance Intern at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Scope of Work
- The Intern reports to the Finance Office Yobe. She/he supports the Finance Assistant / Office in aspects of day-to-day operations of accounting department in the Yobe Field office.
- Assist the finance assistant when making payments to suppliers, contractors and program staff based on approved documents and in line with authority delineation.
- Assist the finance assistant in ensure scrutiny of the entire bill for accuracy and receipt of goods before process for payment.
- Assist the finance Assistant on proper documentation, Stamping, Labelling and filing of all financial documents.
- Help finance unit in moving documents in the office system for approval purposes
- With the guidance of the finance Assistant/officer Scan any Finance Document before sending it to the country office for month closing.
- Assist the finance assistant with capturing expenditures into worksheet.
- Assist the finance department on documentation, preparation of cash disbursement voucher for all cash transactions related to Yobe field office.
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with IRC accounting policy, Donor restriction and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial and other job related information.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from SMTs.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Graduate with Diploma in Accounts or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Economics / Business Administration from recognized College / Institutions.
- Computer literate with significant knowledge / experience in excel.
- Able to work in a high pressure situation,
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible and punctual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize task and manage time.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and open to learn new skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs