Finance Controller at Lumos Nigeria
Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid.Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small instalments using their mobile phones
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Controller Nigeria
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking for ambitious Controller with growth potential
- Lumos Nigeria is looking for an ambitious Finance Controller. You will report to the Head of Finance and with a dotted line to the Global CFO.
- Your main tasks will be:
- Timely and correct reporting to management and other stakeholders.
- Provision of meaningful financial analysis on the results and balance sheet.
- Setting up and maintaining a world class internal control environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Weekly reporting to management.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting to group exco, investors and other stakeholders, including financial closing process.
- KPI review and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Reporting to all regulatory authorities.
- Set up and maintenance of internal control environment that ensures correct and timely reporting.
- Perform assessments of the effectiveness of the internal control environment.
- Financial planning and analysis, including cash flow prognoses.
- Review of business models for new product and service offerings, including accounting analysis.
- Budgetary control and cost management, including initiatives to become more cost efficient.
- Take over from other managers in the finance department when they are on leave and providing recommendations to management that will drive growth and results of the company.
An ideal candidate has the following profile:
- M.Sc / B.Sc / HND in Accountancy / Finance combined with ICAN, ACCA (equivalent) is preferred.
- At least 2 years experience as Controller managing a (small) team and a total of at least 6 years experience as finance professional.
- All round financial professional, with thorough understanding of IFRS and other statutory reporting requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills combined with attention to detail, which be used to prepare meaningful reports and explanations to management on the results.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems.
- Excellent Excel/PowerPoint skills; experience with data and analytics tools is an added advantage.
- Big 4 experience is an added advantage.
- Pro-active and no nonsense
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Focused on developing him/herself and the team.
- Continuously striving for improvement and resilient.
- High business acumen.
- Delegates to the team when possible and hands-on when necessary.
- High integrity is a must, and
- The ideal candidate is ready to take the next step in his/her career in the new (renewable) energies.
- Lumos specifically invites both experienced Controllers as well as Controller talents to apply as the Company is a firm believer that excellence, commitment and maturity are not a function of age, but are a function of talent and drive to be successful.
What Working at Lumos Offers
We offer the following:
- At Lumos we find it important to develop our staff to be amongst the best people working in the
- Nigerian Solar Tech Eco-system
- Amazing opportunities for career progression
- Health care benefits and pension
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Application Letter including their Motivation and Assessment of their suitability for the job to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: The application process will include interviews and tests as applicable
Application Deadline 27th January, 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs