Finance / Admin Officer at the Centre for Family Health Initiative
Centre for Family Health Initiative (CFHI) is a non-political, non-religious, not-for-profit organization committed to the promotion of health and protection of the well-being of families in Africa. Driven by a vision of Healthy Families; Healthy Societies, CFHI’s mission is to develop a safe and accommodating society for all, through community driven and family centered health interventions, socio-economic empowerment, research, and policy development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance / Admin Officer
Location: Owerri, Imo
Employment Type: Full-time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure smooth operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Make payments and receive funds in accordance with finance procedures:
- Collect and examine supporting documents.
- Ensure that documents and signatures are valid.
- Prepare payment vouchers, and receipts.
- Maintain float, loan and salary advance registers.
- Prepare monthly payroll, payslips and journal entries.
- Prepare cheques/payment orders and ensure that they are properly delivered.
- Record all transactions, on manual/computer systems as appropriate.
- File the documents in an easily accessible way.
- Do a regular back up of data on the accounting system in use.
- Update the weekly staff attendance analysis and the leave tracker.
- provision of staff supports to the Administrative Manager and staff, to include handling calls and phone interactions, maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Prepare Petty Cash vouchers, Petty Cash Form and request additional cash as necessary.
- Be responsible for petty cash held in the office.
- Carry out cash count every two weeks.
- Ensure that all accounts records are filed in an orderly manner
- Assist in the production of the monthly accounts (specifically, produce the cashbooks and the analysed cashbooks for the office).
- Bank reconciliations
- Reconcile the bank (cash) book to the bank statement at least once a month.
- Ensure that supporting documents/signatures are valid.
- Provide general support to visitors and provide information by answering questions and requests
- Take minutes of meetings.
- Research and create presentations.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, and forms.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Order office supplies.
- Submit and reconcile expense reports, prepare, and monitor invoices.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Manage the petty cash:
- Monitor the performance of the safe pad production team and report using the production tracker.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of First Degree in any related discipline.
- 2 – 3 years of experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting and accounting procedures is mandatory.
Candidate must have:
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral and ability to relate sensitively to diverse groups.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with tight timelines
- Good report-writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Flexibility in working in diverse situations with unpredictable working hours
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required
- Highly developed computer skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel are mandatory.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 22nd November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.