Field Assistant at International Organization for Migration (IOM)
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Assistant (Toll-free Line Handlers) (CRFM)
SVN No.: CFCV2021.90
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
IOM Classification: UG
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Slot: 2 Openings
- Working under the overall supervision of the MHPSS / protection Manager and the direct supervision of the National MEAL Officer (MHPSS / Protection), and closely coordinating with the protection, CT, and MHPSS officers.
- The successful candidates’ primary role will be to handle the Complaint Response Mechanism (CRFM) via toll-free line using Hausa, Kanuri, and Fulani within affected communities of the North East and ensure all segments of the community have access to the mechanism, ensuring systematic receipt, processing, and response to community feedback and complaints in within the affected communities.
- In addition, the successful candidates will also be in charge of managing referrals and systematic follow-ups.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Support in raising awareness in the community about the toll-free line and the CFRM Mechanism.
- Available to receive and manage the complaints or feedback via the toll-free line using local languages like Hausa, Kanuri, and Fulani
- Support in following up on complaints and provision of information; and conducting awareness sessions around FAQ and topics raised by the community.
- Listen respectfully to individuals’ feedback, requests for information, assistance, or complaints.
- Enter and track all complaints and feedback received and ensure proper documentation of data in the the designated system and keep up to date records in order to generate regular analysis reports;
- Maintain clear follow up tracking procedures for each case following the IOM CRFM Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs), under the supervision of the MEAL officer
- Refer cases to the different actors depending on the nature of the complaint in coordination with the MEAL Officer.
- Refer Protection, CT, GBV cases to the Protection, CT officers /or the MHPSS programme manager respecting the beneficiary’s confidentiality.
- Support in providing the beneficiaries with the relevant information or refer them to the appropriate service provider, actors depending on the nature of the complaint.
- During Awareness-raising campaigns, promote all segments of the community, including the most vulnerable, to access the mechanism and ensure their voices are heard and complaints referred.
- Ensure confidentiality in the management of the information and complaint and feedback database
- Share analysis and report of the complaints/feedback received and actions taken
- Ensure beneficiary’s consent is taken for referrals; Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration and Humanitarian Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with 4 years of relevant working experience with specific focus in professional work experience in the humanitarian field
- High integrity and willingness to conduct herhimself transparently and open to scrutiny.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality in performing responsibilities assigned.
- Open and positive attitude.
- Genuine care and respect for needs of others, practically vulnerable populations with strong belief in empowering marginalized and disenfranchised people.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int
Click here to apply
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “CFCV2021.90 Maiduguri, Nigeria. Field Assistant (Toll – free line Handlers) MHPSS/Protection UG”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Failure to use the above CFCV in your email subject will result to disqualification
Application Deadline Tuesday, 14th December, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs