Data Scientist at Spark Wave
Spark Wave – We create software companies to solve important problems. We are a startup foundry that appliessocial science,strategic thinking, anditerative experimentationto create socially beneficial software companies from scratch.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Scientist (Python)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We’re hiring a full-time data scientist working remotely (from anywhere in the world).
- The successful applicant will work on a project where we’re taking new data-driven approaches to personality testing.
- We’ll be exploring different ways to improve upon existing scientific personality measurement systems.
- The goal is to build the most effective (empirically/scientifically based) personality testing system in the world.
- A strong background in programming is required. The projects will be in Python, but it’s okay if you’ve never used Python before.
- This project is a great opportunity to:
- Build your data science skills
- Improve your Python programming
- Learn about scientific personality testing
- Learn about machine learning methods
- Learn how to do hypothesis-testing in novel ways
- Shape the project as a critical team member
- Enjoy a balance between autonomy and support / feedback.
- This work will involve tasks such as:
- Writing Python code
- Applying statistical and machine learning-based methods to make predictions
- Finding relevant datasets and integrating them into our system
- Connecting our system with APIs and other services
- Writing unit tests to make sure our system functions properly
- Generally taking charge of whatever has to happen to move the project forward – this will include non-programming-related tasks that require you to coordinate with other team members, find appropriate datasets, keep the project on track, etc.
Mandatory requirements for applying:
- Strong programming skills in at least one programming language
- At least some data science or statistics experience
- The ability to learn new, complex ideas quickly
Traits that it’s helpful to have (but not required):
- Experience programming in Python
- Familiarity with common Python data science packages such as NumPy, pandas, and Scikit-learn
- Experience with machine learning methods
- Attention to detail
- Experience running psychological studies
- Understanding of personality-related research.
- Understanding of linear algebra and statistics
- A preference for writing high-quality code and testing code carefully
- You’ll be able to work from home, and we’re flexible about what hours you choose to work.
- This job pays $24 USD/hour, and you can expect to work roughly 30-40 hours per week (depending on your preference).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The application process involves answering some challenging questions which we believe will give us the best idea of your skills.
- We don’t require resumes during this first stage of the process, and we put very little weight on resumes overall
Application Deadline 26th January, 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs