Communications Officer at Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Communications Officer will support the communications activities of the Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation. The role will provide support with the creation and distribution of content to promote the organisation’s brand activities to ensure that the brand remains top of mind across digital and traditional media.
- This role will be responsible for tracking, monitoring, analysing, and reporting on media coverage.
- The ideal candidate will be a creative person with strong communications skill. S/he will be competent in the coordination of external and internal communications with little or no supervision.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to implement an effective communications strategy based on the organisation’s target audience and priorities.
- Maintain a strong online company voice through social media.
- Establish and maintain a media database and respond to media enquiries
- Lead social listening activities and turn insights into actionable recommendations
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and support with the coordination of publicity activities as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Manage issues and potential result as it arises and escalate to team lead.
- Support with writing, editing and distribution of content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organisation’s activities.
- Support the design of content including graphic designs and videos using basic design software and a variety of tools
- Liaise with communications lead and relevant stakeholders to plan, and successfully execute events both live and virtual.
- Identify successful storytelling opportunities throughout the programme activities
- Work with team members to develop and implement new communications strategies to achieve organisational objectives.
- Manage the organisation’s web presence to boost brand awareness.
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant PR and Communications certificate. Professional diploma or qualifications in CIM Level 4, CIPR or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience (minimum 3-4 years) in delivering high-quality content writing and communications solutions in a similar role with positive, measurable results
- Ability to manage media inquiries
- Must possess strong planning, organisational and execution skills,
- Excellent project and deadline management skills
- Able to read, analyse and interpret information effectively
- Problem-solving skills and ability to implement creative solutions to the problem
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Previous work experience in a PR agency or communications team is an added advantage
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent knowledge of English (both speaking and writing) Creative thinker and able to develop contemporary and professional content
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, design, and publishing software.
- Strong working knowledge of website content management systems, Email campaign systems, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter, addressing the position requirement to: hr@Aigafrica.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.