Child Protection Case Worker at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Case Worker
Job ID: 2100081X
Location: Gujba, Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Contingent
- The Child Protection Case Worker has responsibility to initiate, oversee and support the implementation of child protection strategies and activities at the community level.
- The CP Case Worker will be responsible for implementing the work of and providing guidance to the Community on Child Protection activities.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Represent SCI in the field, with professionalism, honesty and commitment
- Interview potential CP cases documenting interview prior to referral to relevant service providers.
- Implement program objectives, strategies and activities in agreement with local customs
- Mobilize community structures as required
- Participate in training courses and meetings for the community structures and fill the relevant monitoring tools
- Attend camp/community level staff and planning meetings monthly
- Give information to the beneficiaries on the services provided by SCI
- Facilitate the setup of Foster parents and referral systems to respond to protection issues
- Comply with all relevant save the children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety and other relevant policies
- Identify child protection cases for assessments, home visits and follow-ups
- Assist the Child Protection officer in carrying out interviews with children.
- Filling in the relevant monitoring tools for the individual cases management of the of UASC and other vulnerable children accordingly
- Identify high priority cases requiring referrals and report to CP officer as they arise for necessary referral
- Facilitate the implementation of a mobilization strategy for community structures and target beneficiaries
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience and Attributes
- Degree / HND / Diploma in Social Work / Social Sciences or equivalent with preferably 1-year work experience in social work or with development-related organisations.
- Good communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English and local language
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
- Positive attitude towards community work with emphasis on the ability to learn from communities and support innovative approaches to problem solving
- Commitment to Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy.
- Knowledge of community based child protection approaches, preferably including experience in participatory approaches (PRA/PLA) and child participation methodologies.
- Good IT skills including the use of Word and database software
- Demonstrable ability to adapt to changing programme priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Knowledge of local language
- Understanding of the region dynamics of the conflict
- Experience in working in an insecure environment.
- Experience and skills in management of staff
- Experience in designing and facilitating training sessions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We DO NOT request prospective volunteers to pay any money for recruitment
Application Deadline 9th November, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.