Chef (Continental) at Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited
Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited – We are a leading 5-star international luxury hotel strategically located in the city of Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- A trained professional cook who is proficient in all aspects of food preparation.
- A head chef oversees all aspects of the kitchen.
- Will work closely with other cooks, create menu items and determine food inventory needs.
- Prepares and cook foods of all types.
Handle Food Production and Provide the Highest Food Quality:
- Maximizes guest satisfaction by providing the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins of the hotel kitchen.
- Assures adherence to standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation
- Oversees all food production-related areas
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Seasons food according to recipes or hotel standards and needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Operates various kitchen appliances such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Portions, arranges and garnishes food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Devises new recipes
- Communicates with Head Chef and management about how to improve meal service
- Co-ordinates activities, times and communicates priorities to ensure correct preparation, and delivery time to provide food for functions, a la carte, groups, breakfast and rooms service
- Facilitates communication between kitchen production and service staff
- Assures that proper safety, hygiene, and sanitation practices are followed
- Ensures readiness and compliance in case of last-minute changes to reservations
- Ensures that prices and portions are offered in accordance with food and beverage profit objectives.
- Estimates expected food consumption and organize preparation
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
- Orders new menu items for specials or cheap deals
- Butchers and cooks animal meat based on the atmosphere
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins
- Offers a creative menu to attract guests
- Cleans up after business hours
Health and Safety:
- Adheres to all health, sanitation and food safety rules and regulations, and makes sure that all staff adheres to these
- Fully understand the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures
- Ensures that emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately
- Develops guest/market-oriented menus, and changes menus regularly to reflect local, international, seasonal and national trends
Requirements / Qualifications
- Interested candidates should possess an OND qualification
- 6 years of experience.
- Culinary Arts, Kitchen Equipment Knowledge, Butchering, Knowledge of International Cuisines, Creativity, Interpersonal Skills, Culinary Arts Training, Basic Computational Skills, Organisational Skills, Verbal Communication.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 26th October, 2021.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.