Chartered Accountant at Benek Engineering Company Limited
Benek Engineering Company Limited (BECL) is an indigenous onshore and offshore engineering contracting company with her corporate headquarters in port harcourt and an overseas office at houston, Taxas, USA. The Company has established a reputation for providing highly skilled project management, maintenance, and construction services to the Oil & Gas industry.
BECL was incorporated in 1984 and since then has executed various onshore and offshore projects for clients including SHELL, AGIP, CHEVRON, NNPC, TOTAL, ADDAX among several others. BECL is a corporate member of several professional bodies including Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE), Nigeria Corrosion Association (NICA), Nigerian Institute of Welding (NIW), Oil & Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria (OGTAN) among several others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chartered Accountant
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Ensures that Receivables and Payable are duly recorded and followed up on for prompt settlement.
- Designs and enforces a proper Stock Management system to enhance efficiency and minimize wastage.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepares monthly payroll, pension, PAYE and NHF schedules
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence.
- Requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares monthly/quarterly trend analysis on the company’s financial position.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Manages colleagues, workloads and deadlines.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying supporting documentation, obtaining payment authorization and preparing payment advice/cheques.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Any other assignment that may be assigned by management.
- We are looking for a Graduate with Accounting background
- Proficient with Quick Books
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel.
- ICAN or ACCA is compulsory (not in view).
- Must have a minimum of 2 verifiable years of work experience in core Accounting duties with ability to work without supervision.
- Experience in using computer for variety of tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to:firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 28th February, 2022.
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs