Associate Director, FAAS at Ernst & Young (EY)
Ernst & Young (EY) is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate Director, FAAS
Requisition ID: 399282
- As a client facing Associate Director in the Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team you will be responsible for providing specialist technical accounting advice to clients across a range of areas with focus on the accounting implication arising in corporate deals, projects and events including accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, group restructurings, transaction accounting services, audit remediation services and training.
- You will build and manage a book of business of certain target revenue as you prepare for your next career growth in the firm.
- The individual will focus predominantly on clients in the financial services sector.
- Oversee and lead key pillars of FAAS strategy, take accountability for overall team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
- Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
- Motivate and generate commitment from team members by ensuring professional growth and development of team members through provision of constructive feedback and training while promoting an innovative and team-oriented work environment
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with clients’ senior staff and those at ‘C’ levels.
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom FAAS works closely e.g. Strategy & Transactions, Consulting etc.
- Demonstrate continuous self-development and commitment to development of others through coaching and leadership.
- Leading EY’s engagements with clients and FAAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert / thought leader on specific topics.
- Lead and be accountable for driving business development effort in a sector/FAAS service line.
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and knowledge sharing with internal EY teams
- Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Experience working as a (an) Senior Manager/Associate Director in a Top Accounting firm working within large corporate sectors preferred.
- Qualified accountant (ICAN, ACCA or international equivalent) with at least 7 -10 years working experience.
- Strong technical accounting experience with IFRS and with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRS 9,15 and 16.
- Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
- Demonstrate understanding of client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers, business trends, and new technical and industry developments for the purpose of identifying business opportunities for FAAS and the firm
- Demonstrate a strong ability to network and sell FAAS solutions
- Demonstrate mastery of key concepts and principles related to process improvements, project management and change management; show an ability to apply these consistently in engagement settings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in leading and developing client relationships
- Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Experience of oversight of teams
- Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues of all levels
- Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Omadaily.com is a News, job, vacancy, career opportunity blog. We share daily updates on available Jobs, vacancies, local and international scholarships, Government/international organization loans and grants, together with daily devotionals.