The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 27 September 2021 – The Gospel We Believe
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: The Gospel We Believe
READ: Romans 5:12-21 (NKJV)
- Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned —
- (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
- Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
- But the free gift [is] not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.
- And the gift [is] not like [that which came] through the one who sinned. For the judgment [which came] from one [offense resulted] in condemnation, but the free gift [which came] from many offenses [resulted] in justification.
- For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)
- Therefore, as through one man’s offense [judgment] came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act [the free gift came] to all men, resulting in justification of life.
- For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.
- Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,
- so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Now we rejoice and will never be ashamed of such grace which we receive through faith in God’s promises by Christ Jesus. Sin had reigned unto death because of Adam’s disobedience but now grace reigns unto eternal life through Jesus’ obedience.
Through the offence of one Adam, judgment came upon all men and many died. We were miserable, without hope even when we knew not the sin of Adam. So also shall abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in our lives by one – Jesus Christ! We must come to terms with this truth that we were meant to perish, yes every one of us but for Jesus’ gift.
O what a graciousness that comes not because we tried to make it right (for we would never have been able since we were already condemned), but because we have put our trust on Him who made it right so that believing in Him, we are counted righteous for His sake! This is the Gospel – believe and be saved, look to Jesus and live! This, we must proclaim unashamedly!
PRAYER: Lord Jesus, You saved me so freely that I sometimes wonder how Yet truly I am saved and saved indeed. Help me to share this truth without compromise. Amen.