The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 18 November 2021 – Serve The Lord With Wisdom
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Serve The Lord With Wisdom
READ: Ecclesiastes 12:9-14 (NKJV)
- And moreover, because the Preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yes, he pondered and sought out [and] set in order many proverbs.
- The Preacher sought to find acceptable words; and [what was] written [was] upright — words of truth.
- The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.
- And further, my son, be admonished by these. Of making many books [there is] no end, and much study [is] wearisome to the flesh.
- Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man’s all.
- For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil.
Wisdom is the ability to use your experience and knowledge in order to make sensible decisions or judgements. However, Scripture recognises that not everyone has wisdom; (there is godly wisdom; even as we have earthly wisdom); hence, Apostle James encourages anyone who lacks it to ask the LORD who gives liberally and upbraideth not (James 1:5). Again, requesting wisdom from God is even wisdom. The first man known in the Bible to ask for wisdom was young King Solomon (1 Kings 3:5 -13), and in response, God gave him more than he asked for.
There are many benefits of wisdom top among which is the ability to know The Living God, and serve Him wholeheartedly. Psalm 14: 1 states thus: “The fool hath said in his heart there is no God.” This “foolishness” does not mean absence of intelligence, but the non-admittance of one’s sinfulness. It was godly wisdom that made King Solomon to conclude that the whole matter about the duty of man is “To fear God and keep His commandment. ‘All about life is not life itself – it is to seek first the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33). It is wisdom to know God, worship Him, and obey His laws. Everyone who does not serve the Christian God lacks wisdom, and is therefore counselled to seek same from God.
PRAYER: Father, I ask from You this day to grant opportunity to everyone who is yet to know Jesus as Lord and Saviour, the grace so to do.
RECOMMENDED JOB SEARCH
- Federal and State Government Recruitment
- Oil and Gas Jobs
- Banking and Finance Jobs
- International NGOs Recruitment
- Teaching Jobs
- Federal and State University Jobs
- Federal and State Polytechnic Jobs
- Customer Service Jobs