The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 14 October 2021 – Our Weapons Of Warfare
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Our Weapons Of Warfare
READ: Revelation 12:7-17 (NKJV)
- And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
- but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.
- So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
- Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
- “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.
- “Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”
- Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male [Child.]
- But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent.
- So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood.
- But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth.
- And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
In our reading yesterday, we established that the Church is engaged in warfare with the devil and his wicked ones. Today the scripture before us gives insight on how to labour with the Lord, so as to come forth victoriously. Even in the physical world, nobody or army goes to war without weapons; doing so means cheap victory for the opponent. In the same manner, God has provided for His children, spiritual weapons that when used appropriately, dislodge and defeat the enemy (2 Corinthians 10:4).
Now some of the weapons of our warfare are (a) the blood of the Lamb, Jesus – verse 11 (b) the word of testimony – verse 11 (c) the whole armour of God – Ephesians 6:10-18 (d) The Name and Lordship of Jesus Christ – Philemon 9-11. When the Christian or the Church grows in the mastery of the use of these weapons, surely, with God on his side, he MUST defeat his enemies. It is our unskilfulness in the use of divine weapons that often gives the enemies an advantage to win the war against us. Note that salvation, strength and the kingdom of God can only come to the Christian when the enemies are defeated and cast away from our lives, homes, Churches and society. So you must grow in this grace of correctly applying the divine weapons of warfare for your own good.