The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 13 October 2021 – God Will Make A Way Of Escape For You
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: God Will Make A Way Of Escape For You
READ: Revelation 12:1-6 (NKJV)
- Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars.
- Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.
- And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads.
- His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born.
- She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.
- Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
Our text today speaks of “great wonders” and “wonder” which took place in heaven (verses 1 & 3). Wonders are mysteries or incomprehensible occurrences in our world and the spiritual realms. Christians should not be ignorant of the realities of these wonders so as not to suffer great consequences as a result. While it is true that God performs wonders, it is true that Satan performs lying wonders too! This calls for wisdom and watchfulness by the Christian. Remember that “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. “(John 10:10). Friends, the spiritual warfare has been, is still and will continue till Christ returns to establish His eternal kingdom – the new heaven and the new earth!
The devil and the world system desire to oppress, harass, inflict pains and possibly exterminate Christians and the Church. “And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared of God…” (verse 6). Surely, in all our struggle with the enemies, God will always grant us an escape and victory (Ref. 1 Corinthians 10:13; Romans 8:36-39). However, the good news remains that God will always grant deliverance and victory to His own in our battle with the wicked. Praise the Lord.
PRAYER: Heavenly Father, teach me to know and understand the wicked works of the devil and trust wholly on You for everlasting victory in Jesus name. Amen.